96 XP worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LKGrider

Premium Member
Premium Member
Found a 96 XP local here. Says he wants $750 for it with trailer and cover. Said it only needs a battery. Of course when I go look at it I will be bringing my own good battery and comp gauge, but anything I should be looking for? I have noticed a lot of you all on here have 96 XPs. I take it this is a good desirable ski? Value if in good running condition?

Most popular Seadoo of all time!
Check compression! Check compression!
Take a look at pump, fuel lines, oil used the normal stuff. Sounds like a deal if all checks out. I love mine!
406.jpg

96 XP800!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

I'd say the value is anywhere from 1000-2000 depending on condition and area. I know it's a wide spread but I've seen 96 xp's priced all over the board from condition to area

96 XP800!

Awesome. Thanks for the info. Hope it checks out. Depending on condition may finish my SPX project and sell that and keep this one.

The 94-95 Spx doesn't even compare to a 96 xp. Once you ride it, you'll never sell it.

96 XP800!

From looking at Google images online of the 96 xp, some of the graphics are slightly different and have "800" on them. Is there a difference between the two?

I think what you are looking at is a 95XP 800, and a 96XP, the 95 has a pink hull, different graphics and a single gauge hood. IMO the best looking X4.

Attachments

• 96 Expo LT.jpg
    96 Expo LT.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 49
I think what you are looking at is a 95XP 800, and a 96XP, the 95 has a pink hull, different graphics and a single gauge hood. IMO the best looking X4.

That's it! Went back and looked and now it makes sense. Thanks!

Most popular Seadoo of all time!
Check compression! Check compression!
Take a look at pump, fuel lines, oil used the normal stuff. Sounds like a deal if all checks out. I love mine!
406.jpg

96 XP800!

Adam, how did you get the hood so yellow? Did you paint it or just clean it really well? Mine is kinda faded and marred up. I tried lighter fluid, and just about anything else that I could find that wasn't harsh on the plastic, but nothing seems to help.

Also, does that splash guard really work that you have installed? I have a '95 SPX that a friend of mine rides, and she gets splashed in the face all the time, so I was thinking of installing one.

To the OP, if it is a 1995 the last two digits of the VIN will be the year so it should end in 95. Also take a look at the engine serial number and if it says 787X they are more rare. I am not an expert on the "X" engine but I think it was bored to the first over size from the factory to squeak by the IJSBA rules for racing. Others will chime in that know more about the "X" but it is the most sought after.

Adam, how did you get the hood so yellow? Did you paint it or just clean it really well? Mine is kinda faded and marred up. I tried lighter fluid, and just about anything else that I could find that wasn't harsh on the plastic, but nothing seems to help.

Also, does that splash guard really work that you have installed? I have a '95 SPX that a friend of mine rides, and she gets splashed in the face all the time, so I was thinking of installing one.

THe best way to clean up the yellow hood is to scrub it a few times with SoftScrub with Bleach and a green scotch bright pad until it is all a consistent yellow when dry. Then follow the directions on the box and apply Wipe New to bring the shine back. You can get Wipe New at Walmart or online. It is one of the few As Seen On TV gimmicks that actually works.

THe best way to clean up the yellow hood is to scrub it a few times with SoftScrub with Bleach and a green scotch bright pad until it is all a consistent yellow when dry. Then follow the directions on the box and apply Wipe New to bring the shine back. You can get Wipe New at Walmart or online. It is one of the few As Seen On TV gimmicks that actually works.

I've had good luck with wipe new, although I did that for touchup after I used meguiars medium cut, that stuff did amazing work in 10 minutes effort !

106.jpg

462.jpg

I have to agree, I use it on everything now. I think the word is getting out though as I went to Walmart to restock and it went from $14.99 to $19.99 so I ordered it on Amazon for $14.99.

It was clean when I purchased it really. I just scrubbed it down good. The splash guards do work in blocking the spray.

96 XP800!

Unfortunately no Bed bath and beyond here and the one I stopped at when traveling said the computer showed 25 in stock but nobody could find it, after 30 minutes I gave up.

Dang, we have a bunch. Just about one in every shopping complex.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Well I'm going check it out when I get off today at 5. He wants $750 but cash always has some persuasion. The only pic he has of it is this one. I can already tell the side decals are removed. Can you still get new ones?

Yes, JSG sent them in. I can't say soon, but he is making them.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

That's a cool site! I can def see myself using them in the future. Well I guess that is enough time on the forum on company time lol....going to go tell the boss I'm gone for the day and go check this thing out. I'll let you know in a while if I get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back