2005 GTX Wake low rpm low power

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fvillar

HEllo to all and first thing Thanks for your help and advices

So here is the hole senario
I bougth this gtx wake used wirn 100 hrs
when i was chechinkg it had cavitation on the pump so got a new pump housing and impeller (Solas Concord Impeller 11/19) installed it and no more cavitation but (there is always a but) the next thing i noticed was speed was too low also the rpm max was 5200 rpm here I listed the test i have made: (by the way I have the pwc at puebla that is 2000 mts above sea level)
1. compretion all 3 cilinders in cold 130-140
2. oil level ok
3. battery 12.5 volts
4. cleaned injectors
5. found that one opas house was conected to the exaust elbo fixed that
6. all spakplugs and bobins working fine
7. no error codes recorded
8. cleaned all exaust system
9. Cheked for the key this is a normal there is no high output key for this watercraft
10.TPS range 0-85 degres (had dealer checked that he sais that is ok)

after all this I was able to get 5900 rpm out of it but only when turning a little to the right on straight line 5800 the is the info on the digital tach not the analog one the speed i am getting is about 55 km/h thas is about 34 mp/h

One more thing yesterday i was testing it and i hear one back fire but only once fisr time i have heard it done that it was hasr to start it when i heard that but any way run the test and got the results i just told you

so the big question what else can i do or what else to check ??

again thanks for your help and sorry for my bad english

Dealer wants me to buy a full new engine i dont trust him at all any more

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in over my head, but i'm a little bored so here's a free bump and the I'll bring up only thing that comes to mind.

What thought process did you have when you ordered the 11/19 vs 10/21 ?

Hello thanks for your help

well what i did was entered the solas page and entered all the info of the pwc and it told mem that is the impeller you need also cheked on pwc muscle and they also told me that the 11/19 is the one for that doo

you think i did wrong on the impeller???

I thought the stock 155 gtx was 10/21.
although again: i'm in over my head as to the impact of the solas.
I just thought generally speaking that the solas and a change like that would require more power (mods)

i have a 2003 GTX N/A with 302 hrs... new to me. ran like crap, backfired, low power, just all wrong.

Did you use brand "new" plus?

i am new here and the first thing i read was 9 out of 10 problems can be solved with new plugs. Mine looked perfect! swapped with new ones and it runs perfect. I wondered why a MFG would put a holder for new plugs in the factory compartment.

Try "new" plugs... advice from a forum newbie :)

i have a 2003 GTX N/A with 302 hrs... new to me. ran like crap, backfired, low power, just all wrong.

Did you use brand "new" plus?

i am new here and the first thing i read was 9 out of 10 problems can be solved with new plugs. Mine looked perfect! swapped with new ones and it runs perfect. I wondered why a MFG would put a holder for new plugs in the factory compartment.

Try "new" plugs... advice from a forum newbie :)

Hello thanks for your idea i did try that had the full service made to it when installing the new impeller

I had a similar problem with one of my '02 GTX 155s. It turned out to be an exhaust leak at the J-pipe. I found the exhaust leak by using SeaFoam Spray. Follow the instructions on the can; after the 5 minute pause, rev the engine and look for smoke inside the bilge. This procedure will find any exhaust leaks. As an alternative, use a bright light and an mirror to inspect the j-pipe for carbon buildup near the expansion bellows.

I had a similar problem with one of my '02 GTX 155s. It turned out to be an exhaust leak at the J-pipe. I found the exhaust leak by using SeaFoam Spray. Follow the instructions on the can; after the 5 minute pause, rev the engine and look for smoke inside the bilge. This procedure will find any exhaust leaks. As an alternative, use a bright light and an mirror to inspect the j-pipe for carbon buildup near the expansion bellows.
Thanks for the Info I'll check and let you know about it

Enviado desde mi SM-G900H mediante Tapatalk

It may not be your entire issue, but it sounds like the impeller pitch may be contributing. I'd confirm with Sea-Doo (or your dealer) what pitch you really need. Our 2005 GTX 185 was pitched at 12.5/18 before we modified it (see https://youtu.be/9pY-7OTUnn8). Even a little adjustment had a big effect on the RPMs, so I'd confirm you have the right pitch. Good luck!

Sorry to take so long to give more info on this topic here is what i have found

I got the alignment tool and found that engine was 1/4 inch to the left now i am getting all back together and test again you think that could be making me lose alot of power???

btw i dont know how to upload pics to show you if any one can tell me how i would be very thankfull

Sound like your Supercharger. The GTX WAKE is a 215, right? When the SC fails the engine seem like it is bogged down. No power.

Acft Doc is right. 135 psi is too low. Last time I checked one of my skis ('02 GTX, 155) the compression was between 190 and 195 in all three cylinders. Make sure your throttle is wide open and the battery is fully charged. Sometimes folks forget the throttle step; I know I have.

Well I did find that the impeller shafts misalignment fixed that took the air intake hose of and did and oil change compression is now at 150 psi on each cilinder will test it on the water this weekend and post the results

So I went to the lake no look at all so went back home and cheque the last thing I could thought about the camshaft timing found it was fully retarded moved it to center position now I have 180 psi on all 3 cilinders will test it again tomorrow and let you know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back