2003 GTX impeller help

Status
Not open for further replies.

laxb0rder

As we were bringing our jetski that we just recently got, an '03 GTX 4-tec in idle speed it sucked up a rock. This is only my second time out on it and I would like to corrected this problem. I later read that the jet ski sucks from as deep as a few feet, how do i get the rock out from inside the impeller? After taking it out of the water and bringing it how i found a rock stuck in the impeller? So the question i have is can i get it out on my own, if so how? if not how much will it cost to bring it in a get it fixed, and do you think i will need a new wear ring and impeller?

As we were bringing our jetski that we just recently got, an '03 GTX 4-tec in idle speed it sucked up a rock. This is only my second time out on it and I would like to corrected this problem. I later read that the jet ski sucks from as deep as a few feet, how do i get the rock out from inside the impeller? After taking it out of the water and bringing it how i found a rock stuck in the impeller? So the question i have is can i get it out on my own, if so how? if not how much will it cost to bring it in a get it fixed, and do you think i will need a new wear ring and impeller?

Being in this situation myself in the past...If you sucked up a rock and it is still in there than yes you will need a new wear ring and most likely an impeller. If you are somewhat mechanically inclined it is relatively easy to swap out both. Search this forum for impeller removal and you'll find all the info you need. You are talking $600 plus if you take it to a dealer in CT. You may be able to find a used impeller to save some cash. I would upgrade the impeller while its apart.

Being in this situation myself in the past...If you sucked up a rock and it is still in there than yes you will need a new wear ring and most likely an impeller. If you are somewhat mechanically inclined it is relatively easy to swap out both. Search this forum for impeller removal and you'll find all the info you need. You are talking $600 plus if you take it to a dealer in CT. You may be able to find a used impeller to save some cash. I would upgrade the impeller while its apart.

Thanks for this information i will defiantly look around the site on how to do this, however where would you recommend getting a new impeller and wear ring? and what type do i need, you mentioned an upgrade?

Stone in Wear ring & Impeller

Sometimes you can get the stone out through the back or may need to take off grate but most times it will score the wear ring housing and possible break or ding the impeller which will definitely affect the performance. Thwy will need to replace the wear ring and impeller, to save money you could have it reconditioned by SBT which is much cheaper then purchase of new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back