2002 GTX 155 Intermittent no gauges, no start

Hello all,
I have a 2002 GTX 4tec 155.
I was riding it and it all of a sudden died. No gauges, no sounds, like there was no battery in it. Had the seat off and working connections then all of a sudden I heard a click and then the fuel pump run and it started up and ran as normal. Pulled out out today and everything was fine. When winterizing it, I plugged in the dress and had one long beep, no gauges but it started and ran normal. Now it's back to normal with proper beeps and gauges.
Any ideas on what too start checking?

Yep ... check the two connectors on the MPEM. With the key on the D.E.S.S. post, wiggle the connectors/wire harness to see if moving the harness causes you to lose power.

I had a 2002 GTX and this happened to one of my skis. Turns out the motherboard inside the MPEM separated from the connector where the harness plugs in. I had to replace the MPEM.

No. No programming needed ... plug n play.

Perform the test first and inspect the connectors on the MPEM for corrosion; also inspect the harness side. I've purchased used MPEMs and they worked fine; the problem is trying to find one for a 22 year old ski.

Back