2000 gti 720 fuel problem

Joe8550

Premium Member
Premium Member
Hi guys, I'm at my wits end with this seadoo any help would be appreciated when I start it and try to go, it jumps up and out of the water nicely like it's supposed to do then if I try to do it again at Boggs down
I looked at the fuel line which has an in-line filter and the filter can be full of gas. Then when I start it, it sucks all the gas out of the filter and only slowly runs back in. I'm assuming that's why it's bogging down. I have completely torn apart, the carburetter and rebuilt it, and I have all lines off and they all blow clearly Also is the vent line a one-way check valve? I can suck through it but not blow. Thanks in advance.

You should not have any inline filters, only the stock separator.
I would also temporarily bypass the ON/OFF valve as they are known to go bad.

You should not have any inline filters, only the stock separator.
I would also temporarily bypass the ON/OFF valve as they are known to go bad.
So you think the fuel filter might be restricting the fuel flow? What about the vent line should it be a one way check valve?

Yes, all you need is the stock fuel strainer.
The vent has a Tee, one side has a check valve letting air into the tank and not out, the other leg of the tee has a pressure relief.

I think I might've found the problem. I took the pulse line off of the carburetter and when I roll it over gas squirt out of that hose right from the block this is a totally rebuilt motor from SBT so I'm assuming that's not the problem but there's not supposed to be gas in there, right?

Correct and with gas in it there is gas in the fuel pump and it will not function correctly.

Back