02 gtx rfi full rebuild

Yeah I cut the raves down on the set I just got I am really afraid of ruining the pistons. I’m gonna test the rec tomorrow and try the new set with the new check valve. I feel like the raves were working for a tiny bit right when I took it out the first time I seen 6000 for a few seconds
I’m pretty optimistic this is your problem

So it’s still the same I put in the raves and same result I didn’t get a chance to test the rectifier because it’s on the lake but I’m gonna get to that soon I noticed I am missing the bottom two clips to hold my air box together so it’s not fully secure could that be my issue?

So it’s still the same I put in the raves and same result I didn’t get a chance to test the rectifier because it’s on the lake but I’m gonna get to that soon I noticed I am missing the bottom two clips to hold my air box together so it’s not fully secure could that be my issue?
Darn, no the clips wouldn’t be your issue, Rectifier next

yeah I just tested the rec I was only able to get a 3500 rpm because it was on a lift half in the water and I got 14.2

Yeah I’m starting to get frustrated how about fuel filter or the screen? Thanks for your help
Actually, yes you could check the filters, I think there is one on the fuel sending unit in the tank, just spit balling here but if it were partially plugged when the engine is demanding more fuel for higher rpms a partially plugged filter would be an issue. Another thought, you may have to set up a gauge so you can monitor the fuel pressure while driving. Basically just the right fittings to plug into the fuel lines, I believe just before the fuel rail is where you would want to instal the guage. Anyways, the fittings to the fuel line going to a T with the fuel pressure gauge going off it.

The RFI (Rotax Fuel Injection ) Spot
Might be something in this thread that could help, Also, I’m not familiar with how the raves work on the RFI’s, I’ve had them out and cleaned them in my 97 gsx but I thought there was some additional hoses or something on the RFI’s that go to the raves?, checking the filters and fuel pressure is a very good possibility but I can’t let go of the raves not working properly, I had a similar issue on my gsx and it ended up being the raves. I’ve also read about people drilling a hold in the top of the rave housing so that they could see if they are working of not but again I haven’t actually done this so couldn’t help you. If the above doesn’t help you should start a new thread so that someone with more knowledge may answer. Sometimes @mikidymac will see the thread if it has no replies. And there’s lots of other knowledgeable people on here as well

Yeah I’m gonna pull them off again and look at them the one the mag side was tight coming out when I pulled it off last time gonna see if it’s tight again and then go from there

Back