Slow Mode won't change Speeds

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

JBHouse

I have a 2022 Sea Doo GTX 170 and when I go into slow mode I can't get the speeds to change when pressing the up/down buttons on the right handle. I get the "enter speed" prompt to come up and the flashing speed number but nothing happens when I press the up and down buttons on the right handle. Sometimes I can get the speed numbers to change but down buttons moves the number up and so forth. I have tried turning off the ski which resets the slow mode back to the 5 speed default setting but then nothing. Anyone have any idea when the problem is?

You should be seeing "enter level" not "enter speed", "enter speed" is what you should see when setting the speed limiter mode. From your manual
"To exit the selected speed control mode, press MODE button or long press SPEED CTRL button." or your speed is above 9mph when trying to enter the slow speed mode and it then defaults to "speed limiter" mode.

My mistake. The screen does say "enter level" NOT enter speed. When I enter slow mode it defaults to slow mode speed 5 which is correct default operation number and I can change the slow mode speed higher but only by using the down arrow which increases to a higher slow mode number but the up arrow does nothing to change the numbers higher or lower. The dealer has not seen this issue before and said they need to attach a computer to the ski to see if this is a software glitch issue. Has anybody else seen this problem before or have a fix for it?

Thanks.

Last edited:
I have a 2021 GTI SE 170, and have only used the feature once to test it, but it worked correctly. If the switch works correctly for other selections and features, and not for slow mode, then software is certainly suspect, but weird that the dealer hasn’t seen it before. But I don’t think a lot of people use the feature.

Back