2009 Sea Doo RXT 255 Sport Mode Missing After Visiting Dealer

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Jacobols

UPDATE: Unknowingly posted to wrong forum. Sorry!

So last year before winterizing my ski, I took it to a local dealer to replace my IBR and wiring harness due to excessive corrosion. Once I got the ski back, I tested it out before preparing it for the winter and I noticed that sport mode would no longer activate (sport mode worked before dropping it off). All of the buttons worked, but I could not for the life of me get the ski to change modes. Called the dealer and they told me they would be willing to fix it next season when I take it out of storage (the dealer is far from where I was storing it, so I didn't want to take it back immediately). Winter goes by and now the dealer has a new policy where they will not work on skis that are 10 years or older... At first I did not fight that and took it to a different local shop. They were unable to fix this issue because the tech said "the ECU was flashed which made it lose sport mode. It was also locked which meant he couldn't reprogram it.". He is saying I should take it to the last dealer to unlock it or I will have to replace the ECU...

Has anyone had anything similar? Would prefer to not have to replace the ECU.

Last edited:
Back