Hello, Back in the PWC World

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
>>>>>>>> GREAT NEWS<<<<<<<<<. Maybe
Decided to give her a good cleaning before go any farther . The Fuel pump does prime !!!!!!!! Guess didn’t hear it before. But she still will not start. So I think I’ll still pull the fuel pump and check that filter. Clogged ? ? ? Based on the nasty fuel I pumped out of it that is possible. Fuel pressure ? Or maybe something down line like injectiors or something ? What would yall do next ?
Now the biggest good surprise !!!!
Unless there is a malfunction the hour gauge is only showing 68.1 hours!!!!!!! No way for a 24yr old ski huh? So guess I’ll go ahead and order fuel pump filters next. Where? Anybody got a link for the right one based on the numbers in the pics below or do need to pull it before I order?
Thank you all again !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_1804.jpeg
    IMG_1804.jpeg
    390.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1800.jpeg
    IMG_1800.jpeg
    308.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1798.jpeg
    IMG_1798.jpeg
    327.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1797.jpeg
    IMG_1797.jpeg
    463.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1799.jpeg
    IMG_1799.jpeg
    484 KB · Views: 3
tried to attach video of double beep and fuel pump running for a second but can’t upload video. But it does run

Attachments

• IMG_1806.png
    IMG_1806.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
>>>>>>>> GREAT NEWS<<<<<<<<<. Maybe
Decided to give her a good cleaning before go any farther . The Fuel pump does prime !!!!!!!! Guess didn’t hear it before. But she still will not start. So I think I’ll still pull the fuel pump and check that filter. Clogged ? ? ? Based on the nasty fuel I pumped out of it that is possible. Fuel pressure ? Or maybe something down line like injectiors or something ? What would yall do next ?
Now the biggest good surprise !!!!
Unless there is a malfunction the hour gauge is only showing 68.1 hours!!!!!!! No way for a 24yr old ski huh? So guess I’ll go ahead and order fuel pump filters next. Where? Anybody got a link for the right one based on the numbers in the pics below or do need to pull it before I order?
Thank you all again !!!!!!!!!!!!!
That’s great news, That’s extremely low hours but definitely possible. Just go to seadoowarehouse.com from the link here in this forum, pick the year and model, go to the fiche for fuel, look at the diagram then scroll down and you will see the part number. If it were me, after putting the new fuel filter on, I would take the injectors out while still on the fuel rail if possible, cycle the fuel pump a few times to get the old fuel out of the lines, I fitted some clear tubing over the injectors to direct the fuel spray into individual containers so I could quantify how much fuel each one was spraying. Try to get a visual of the spray pattern for each injector. Keep in mind that that spray pattern is just as important as the quantity of fuel coming from them. I would then, take the injectors off of the fuel rail, take the filter baskets out of each injector and clean the baskets and injectors with carb cleaner. I made a little tool to clean the injectors myself, you can open them up with power from a battery. However with that being said, I had a snowmobile that wasn’t firing on one cylinder, I went through this process and my problem wasn’t solved until I sent the injectors for a professional cleaning and report. On my report the flow was good, but he said the pattern was bad. After the cleaning all fixed in my case. You can try it yourself, but very possible that those injectors will need a cleaning. After that try starting it, if no go, or not running good, I would then check the fuel pressure.

Cleaned up ok. If and when I get her running , I’ll work on that hull . Foam and cannon and brush was a no go. Anything else I should order and replace while I’m at it. Again I just want it running , then I’ll go back in and replace stuff. By the way this is a ski m planning a n keeping, unless n run into a major expense retired and have limited funds

Attachments

• IMG_1807.jpeg
    IMG_1807.jpeg
    589.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1810.jpeg
    IMG_1810.jpeg
    288.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1809.jpeg
    IMG_1809.jpeg
    342.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1808.jpeg
    IMG_1808.jpeg
    349.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1811.jpeg
    IMG_1811.jpeg
    411.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1812.jpeg
    IMG_1812.jpeg
    468.8 KB · Views: 5
I think at this point just stick with the plan, after you get it running, would be a good idea to take the rave valves out, inspect and clean them but no sense throwing to many things into the equation at once. That motor looks like a low hour motor, very very clean nice looking ski. Well worth some effort

Got BOTH fuel pump filters ordered & a flush adapter . One thing if I get it running is to make sure water is flowing to cooling system. I had a lot of dirt dobber nests in this machine . Would not be surprised if that stern flush port is clogged

Just make sure the water is only ever on with the engine running. Never Ever have the water hose ON and the engine OFF.

Are there any good videos on taking off the intake/exhaust to get at the injectors ? I want to flush the fuel lines and fuel rail after I get the pump checked out.

Are there any good videos on taking off the intake/exhaust to get at the injectors ? I want to flush the fuel lines and fuel rail after I get the pump checked out.
Rather than Watch videos, download that manual from seadoomanuals.net, just don’t split the tuned pipe, I can take a look at my 99 GSXRFI tomorrow but should just be 3 bolts and a nut where the tuned pipe connects to the exhaust manifold and then disconnect it just before the water box.

UPDATE. & question

I pulled the fuel line at the rail. When I put the key in, fuel pump primed but no fuel comes out of the line. I mean none. So is this further evidence the fuel filters in the pump are clogged? I have filters ordered I was just seeing how much trouble it gonna be to get to the fuel injectors should that be next. Also if the fuel pressure regulator needs to be changed it would appear on the sea doo parts list you can’t get that separately. Man. Man that will be feel huh? I did download the shop manual that was a big help Thanks again

Attachments

• IMG_1827.jpeg
    IMG_1827.jpeg
    363 KB · Views: 3
Never having worked on the injected Seadoo, only injected snowmobiles when I was testing fuel flow I took the fuel rail out still hooked up to the fuel line, had the injectors out as well, put them on the fuel rail and then clear tubes fitted over the ends of the injectors so I could see how much fuel each injector was spraying as well as to keep fuel from spraying all over the place. I can’t remember nor did I ever know but I would wonder if that fitting would self close when detached from the fuel rail? If it came down to injectors being clogged I would definitely send them for cleaning and testing because of new ones are still available they are super expensive

I don’t recall it being very difficult at all to take the injectors out, if there is room, my memory says there was a little clip to remove and then the injectors just pulled out. I used a hair of 2 stroke oil as lubrication when pushing them back in

From working on motorcycles it does not appear that it is self closing. Like a quick connect would be but who knows(?). Fuel rail is completely hidden from sight with no intakes etc to take off

38F06248-B1AB-4BD2-B025-E1C36F19BDCD.jpegThis was my set up for checking injectors although as mentioned even after I cleaned them, I still had to send them away to be professional cleaner and tested.

Above a source was posted wear if you get the Bosch part number off the injectors , it’s quicker and easier just to order new ones. About $50 each. Probably pretty close to that send yours off , wait for testing (?)

I’m gonna get in that repair manual and see how to get to those injectors. May have to lay a mirror 🪞 under the fuel rail to see. Also saw a video on cleaning injectors with a 9 volt battery as carb cleaner

Also learned how the rear seat latch is put together today 😡😡😡

Above a source was posted wear if you get the Bosch part number off the injectors , it’s quicker and easier just to order new ones. About $50 each. Probably pretty close to that send yours off , wait for testing (?)
Didn’t know that they could be bought for so little, yes I think I paid 30.00 per injector to have them cleaned and tested while I waited. I drove 1.5 hours each way to have them done

Ordered a pressure regulator also. So hopefully with that and the filters will take care if the pump . If not I found a couple of pumps on eBay for around $150

Back