GTI Hull Vents / Fittings

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

wmshay6

I am working on a 1997 GTI. Removed everytning to clean inside hull and will be installing new engine. My question is about the thru hull fittings. THere are two under the rub rail on the starboard side of the ski. I know one is for the fuel system breather. But what is the other one for? There is a second opening for the fuel system also behind a cowl on the side of the dash, but I can't figure out the second hole under the rub rail. There was a 1.5 PSI check valve on it. I don't think it's for the oil system and I can't find any reference to it in the service manual. I've checked under the cooling system diagrams to see if it;s a pisser- but nothing there. the oil tank has a vent on a stubby hose inside the hull so I'm wondering if it's supposed to be for the oil tank.

Any thoughts? Anyone know for certain and / or own a 1997 GTI?

I know my GTX has one for the battery outgas, which isn't really a thing any more. Mine also has two outlets for the fuel system. Do you have the parts manual, it shows them clearly. DL load it if you don't and see if anything makes sense.

I know my GTX has one for the battery outgas, which isn't really a thing any more. Mine also has two outlets for the fuel system. Do you have the parts manual, it shows them clearly. DL load it if you don't and see if anything makes sense.
I have both the service and parts manuals. And I can't seemt to find a diagram or reference to it anywhere.

Mine is showing them with the fuel tank, in parts manual. The battery hose was shown on the main hull picture, but it didn't show location that it exists the hull. I deleted the battery hose and just left the check valve to prevent water from entering. If you have the original hoses it gives you an idea where they go on the hull, cant go further than the its length, that is how I figured out the fuel exists. The are hidden in there. But ultimately you can put them on any of the holes, just make sure the check valves are right. My book shows a different check valve for each one.

Mine is showing them with the fuel tank, in parts manual. The battery hose was shown on the main hull picture, but it didn't show location that it exists the hull. I deleted the battery hose and just left the check valve to prevent water from entering. If you have the original hoses it gives you an idea where they go on the hull, cant go further than the its length, that is how I figured out the fuel exists. The are hidden in there. But ultimately you can put them on any of the holes, just make sure the check valves are right. My book shows a different check valve for each one.
Thanks- you mentioned battery so I dug deeper. It's for the battery. Appreciate the insight!

Back