Broke the handle to remove the seat. Now what?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jfrenchws6

I swear this stuff only happens to me.

Tried to take the seat off my 95 GTS and the handle underneath the back of the seat snapped when I grabbed it. So 2 questions.

1) How do I get the seat off?

2) How do i repair this??

I'm hoping I don't have to find a whole new seat. If it wasn't for bad luck.......:facepalm:

Not sure about your ski, but on both my RXY and GTX the seat snaps over a stud in the rear. The stud has a welded nut on it right near the hull. You can put a wrench on the nut and thread it out of the hull. Once you unhread it, the seat will come up and you can then unbolt the latch assembly from the seat.

I think he means the seat is still attached to the hull. So no way to get to the nut. My GTX has 2 seats (front & back) but a Gti has just one.

***EDIT****.
OK Lou beat me to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he means the seat is still attached to the hull. So no way to get to the nut. My GTX has 2 seats (front 7 back) but a Gti has just one

Yeah it's still attatched to the hull but after messing with it for a few mins I think I see the nut Coastiejoe is talking about. I'll try the small screwdriver and see if I can get to that pin. Other wise I'll just undo that nut.

I'm thinking I'll need part #15 from that link LouDoo posted.

Thanks for the help.

I'm having no luck with this thing. I'm ready just to do whatever it takes to get it to come off and just buy a new seat.

Can't get a wrench on the nut, cant get the spring to do whatever it needs to release. If the grab handle wasn't in the way this probably wouldn't be such a big deal. But I can't get that off without the seat being off!! ARGH!!!!!

Can you get some sort of a saw blade between the seat and the hull and cut the shaft that runs from the hull to the seat?

Repairing and selling iPads, iPhones and Mini iPads.

Got it. Had to use a pry bar and pry up the one side. There are 2 10mm bolts that hold that whole latch assembly together. After I got one bolt out, I just cranked on the other side until it broke. It broken anyway. What a PITA. I'll post a pic later after I get new parts to show you what I did. Just in case this happens to anyone else.

Last edited by a moderator:
The seat latch, if I recall is a common part on many models. I'm sure have a couple of latches sitting in my junk box, shoot me a PM I can send you a pic of what I have (not sure if they have model #'s stamped on them) But If my parts match I can send one up tomorrow for probably $5.

I think its just a matter of unbolting the old latch and bolting a new latch on.

The seat latch, if I recall is a common part on many models. I'm sure have a couple of latches sitting in my junk box, shoot me a PM I can send you a pic of what I have (not sure if they have model #'s stamped on them) But If my parts match I can send one up tomorrow for probably $5.

I think its just a matter of unbolting the old latch and bolting a new latch on.

Appreciate the offer. Local dealer has the whole thing for $15 bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back