2003 XP-DI Help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

lameandboard

I've had this ski since it was brand new

Low hours on it..

Haven't ridden much in the past 10 years...

It's been bogging out mid band

I'm going to replace spark plugs
Pump all the all fuel out.
Put injector cleaner in. Replace the oil filter in the line.
Grease all the fittings.

I've heard the rectifier can cause a bogging as well as bad fuel or oil injectors.

Does anyone know what what psi I should have at the fuel rail? Should it be 50-60spi?

Last edited:
I would avoid any "injector cleaner" in a 2-stroke. Do it correctly and send the fuel and air injectors out for professional cleaning.
@etemplet has an injector guy.

First step is always fresh fuel and sparkplugs.

On a side now the "old" fuel injector guy was very hostile to any type of injector cleaners for injectors. He said all that did was damage the injectors. For the money I send all of mine out and I have spares as well. $25 each it's just worth it to me every time. I'm sure they are good with a good spray patter when they come back. Just my opinion YMMV.

Hey guys I just took the ski out.. aat1st it ran amazing...full power any everything then after about 5 to 10 min it ran like shit the engine kept bogging out hard and I had to just ride back in with zero throttle.. Does this still sound like injectors?

Are you getting a maintenance light? DI's can be tricky to diagnose. Fuel pressure is where I would start before messing with the injectors. It should be 27 psi when the key on and 107 psi when running. Air pressure relates directly to fuel pressure - it should be 80 psi.

Yes I am getting the maint light....here is a video of what it is doing....

Are you getting a maintenance light? DI's can be tricky to diagnose. Fuel pressure is where I would start before messing with the injectors. It should be 27 psi when the key on and 107 psi when running. Air pressure relates directly to fuel pressure - it should be 80 psi.

Check the Battery and charging system for proper voltage. It can be a wire or connector. These skis are very sensitive as everything is managed by voltage.

I'll check when I get back home on Thursday

... could it be the rectifier? It's just strange that ot run fine at 1st...then after 10mins it starts running like crap and the engine start losing power....the next day I took it out again and it ran great... but I only ran it to pull it out of the water....

I would also check the rectifier "when" you are having that issue. It may be good to start and then getting hot and then acting up. Of course you can check it both times as well for reference. Electrical problems can be tricky.

Back