How To Increase Pop Off?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajvdub

I have a 96 SPX and it asks for 36 to 60 psi for pop off. I'm getting 36 on one side, just under 40 on the other. I upped the needle from a 1.2 to a 1.5 and kept the spring that came in it. Should I use one of the other springs or even with it being on the low side, is that ok? It holds pressure just fine as well. I've read you can bend the arm that touches the needle to increase pop-off but wanted to confirm.

Last edited:
Nope, stop where you are. Do not start swapping part to chase pop-off.

Get the correct new needles and seats, new lever arms and new correct springs. All parts must only be Genuine Mikuni.

Follow the Carb Rebuild THread sticky to the letter.

By upping the needle…and maintaining the spring,,,you are reducing the pop off…they are only 5 apart,,,no biggie…why change it?

I'm new to these kinds of carbs, been using the float carbs for years now so just trying to wrap my head around this. Yeah, the pop-offs are close to one another and within spec, but I just want to know if the lower the pop-off, the richer it will run? I'm going to be running these at 6500ft (Big Bear Lake CA) and want to make sure they wont run like shit with a lower pop-off/rich condition. Thanks Popps!

I'm new to these kinds of carbs, been using the float carbs for years now so just trying to wrap my head around this. Yeah, the pop-offs are close to one another and within spec, but I just want to know if the lower the pop-off, the richer it will run? I'm going to be running these at 6500ft (Big Bear Lake CA) and want to make sure they wont run like shit with a lower pop-off/rich condition. Thanks Popps!

Don’t change popoff.

I’m up at Shaver Lake now 5,600’.

They will run rich and be down on power just because of altitude but they still run fine and no fouled plugs. But I still bring spares to be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back