Mikuni Gasket ; Leaking during Pop-off Test ; Is this a work around?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

exoh_e

Hi; I've worked on a several carbs now. Recalling from memory I've had three or four that have had this EXACT problem during pop-off leakdown testing. Essentially I'll get leakage from the top of the fuel body, where it touches the carb; right above where the fuel filter is placed. Sometimes a rebuild kit fixes it; usually trying to re-flatten the fuel body doesn't help. How necessary is the gasket I circled? Can I just run it without it? When removed it doesn't leak anymore. I've also tried to raise the gasket below that gasket I circled and sometimes it'll help.

TLDR Can I remove this gasket? I've even tried the thicker and thinner version of it.

Mikuni_sbn_rebuild-kita.jpg

I am. I may try a rebuild kit usually use osdmarine. Just strange whenever I do have these problems it's always from the top near the fuel filter.

Never ran into this, however when I’m doing a pop off or pressure test the fuel pump side of the carburetor is always together when I do my test. Your testing pop off with the cover off the fuel pump side?

Back