Hello, Back in the PWC World

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
is the fuel line connection at the fuel rail the type that when disconnected no fuel will flow? Still trying to get an answer to this. Im 99% sure the fuel pump is the problem and I have the filters and a regulator ordered to rebuild and clean it. ( primes after double beep) just wondering if a healthy fuel pump would flow gas out of the line when disconnected from the fuel rail.

Any ideas on how to clean the crud off the bottom of the hull ? Foam cannon and brush didn’t work

Attachments

• IMG_1838.png
    IMG_1838.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
Well, took fuel pump out. Other than breaking off the vent line nipple it went fair . Of course filters looked bad. One on bottom was completely deteriorated. I put the new regulator on top and new internal filter . Hooked pump to 12v and it ran . Put it all back together and installed it. Now it won’t prime , and of course won’t start . Pulled plugs and no fuel but oil was present so oiling system is working. So, tomorrow I’m gonna pull and test fuel injectors . If they are good I’m going to order a used pump off eBay . But I’m not in a position to keep dumping money in this ski trying to get it to run

Attachments

• IMG_1911.png
    IMG_1911.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1909.jpeg
    IMG_1909.jpeg
    262.1 KB · Views: 5
>>>>>>>>> update<<<<<<<<<< QUESTION PLZ
Removed fuel rail and fuel injectors
I used an electronic tester/cleaner. The fuel injectors work and atomize the fuel .
Fuel line from pump to rail is clean.
I’ve tried to determine if the injectors are firing while I turn the engine over but can’t tell. Just for S&G I put fuel in the cylinders again and she ran.
Before I order a pump, in there a way to tell the the injectors are getting the signal to fire? BTW, after trying to start it there is a little oil on the plugs so it getting oil.? Also no fuel was in fuel line .
Thanks again. If this does not work, I can’t afford to keep chasing . I also think starter solnoid needs to be replaced cause it’s starting to act up

Attachments

• IMG_1912.jpeg
    IMG_1912.jpeg
    292.8 KB · Views: 4
>>>>>>>>> update<<<<<<<<<< QUESTION PLZ
Removed fuel rail and fuel injectors
I used an electronic tester/cleaner. The fuel injectors work and atomize the fuel .
Fuel line from pump to rail is clean.
I’ve tried to determine if the injectors are firing while I turn the engine over but can’t tell. Just for S&G I put fuel in the cylinders again and she ran.
Before I order a pump, in there a way to tell the the injectors are getting the signal to fire? BTW, after trying to start it there is a little oil on the plugs so it getting oil.? Also no fuel was in fuel line .
Thanks again. If this does not work, I can’t afford to keep chasing . I also think starter solnoid needs to be replaced cause it’s starting to act up
Hey, checking in to see how this is coming along. I am also working on the same ski, albeit with some different issues and about 20hours more then yours.
Have you got things moving forward yet?

Hey, checking in to see how this is coming along. I am also working on the same ski, albeit with some different issues and about 20hours more then yours.
Have you got things moving forward yet?
I was out of town this week. I’ll be putting that eBay pump in within a day or two . I’ll certainly post the results. Also bought a new starter solnoid . Old one is acting up. If it does not run after putting the pump in I am gonna let the first $400 take it. ( that’s what I have in it). I don’t have the money to keep chasing

<>>>>>>>>. Update <<<<<<<<
As expected I installed known good fuel pump and it’s a no start. When I put the “key” in the pump does not prime . What do I check next?

Further update. Double checked all fuses . Hooked test light at mpem box. Came on when key inserted . Did same at fuel pump connection, it came on. Decided to test old pump. Connected a battery to terminals on top , nothing. Then I backprobed terminal under connector and pump ran. Took connector on top of old pump apart and cleaned corrosion off and checked for continuity. That was hit or miss . So now it appears connector on old pump is bad. But why new pump would be doing the same thing. Guess I will pull it tomorrow and see what the deal is.

Further update. Double checked all fuses . Hooked test light at mpem box. Came on when key inserted . Did same at fuel pump connection, it came on. Decided to test old pump. Connected a battery to terminals on top , nothing. Then I backprobed terminal under connector and pump ran. Took connector on top of old pump apart and cleaned corrosion off and checked for continuity. That was hit or miss . So now it appears connector on old pump is bad. But why new pump would be doing the same thing. Guess I will pull it tomorrow and see what the deal is.
Maybe the connection on the harness? Sounds like your malin HX progress anyways. I would help if I could but....

Might be on to something. I cleaned connector on top of old fuel pump. Good bit of corrosion. Now I can hook battery directly to connector and pump runs. So tomorrow will take new pump out and inspect it. But old pump may work now . Should pump be getting 12v when priming? This is the plug

Attachments

• IMG_2034.jpeg
    IMG_2034.jpeg
    659.2 KB · Views: 2
What now?

Attachments

• IMG_2033.jpeg
    IMG_2033.jpeg
    316.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2032.jpeg
    IMG_2032.jpeg
    305.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2031.jpeg
    IMG_2031.jpeg
    344.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2034.jpeg
    IMG_2034.jpeg
    659.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2038.png
    IMG_2038.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2040.jpeg
    IMG_2040.jpeg
    339.4 KB · Views: 2
This was the pump I bought off eBay DOA
The original pump I removed , cleaned , put new filters in it and reassembled. It runs now. But can’t be 100% sure it’s good either .

Attachments

• IMG_2044.png
    IMG_2044.png
    389.8 KB · Views: 4
If it’s not getting correct voltage from Mpem then may not be able to draw fuel up but at this point I’m just guessing. Also put a new fuel pressure regulator on original pump

I don’t know if you would be able to clean those pins up or not? If you can’t Westside powersports would be a good place to get used parts if needed, they will guarantee they are good. Hopefully you can send that fuel pump back

I’m a hard head . I just have a hard time quitting a project . I’ve pretty much determined I must have 12v at the pump . I’m only getting 5.5v. So I’m going to work my way back through the wiring . I see the fuel pump fuse is the 10amp one from the bottom. I also got the pin/plug diagram from the shop manual . May even try supplying 12v directly to the pump . I won’t know if my original rebuilt pump will work until I get 12v to it . Thinking at only 5.5v pump can’t get fuel to injectors

😃😃😃😃😃. SUCESS 😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆
Don’t know what I did but when out this morning and was gonna chase wiring. So tested voltage at fuel pump plug and saw it jump to 12v momentary. Tried starting and finally had fuel to fuel rail ! But still would not start . So was about to pull fuel rail and see if injectors were getting signal to pulse but decided to try the old put a little fuel in each cylinder to make sure it would still run that way. WELL KISS MYBSWEET PATOOT ( southern thing). Not only did it start and run it stayed running ! So I shut if off and it restarted on its own ! So then I hooked water to it and it starts . Runs, and revs. Also it’s peeing out the jet pump , and dribbling out the pea hole under the tow hook . No leaks . Oil on the plugs so believe the oiling system in working !!!!!!!!

I WOILD LOVE TO TELL YOU WHAT I DID TO FIX IT BUT HAVE NO IDEA. I guess priming the cylinders went on and pulled fuel in.

No im gonna put the new starter somnoid and oil filter in it and put it all back together for a sea trail !!!!

😃😃😃😃😃. SUCESS 😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆
Don’t know what I did but when out this morning and was gonna chase wiring. So tested voltage at fuel pump plug and saw it jump to 12v momentary. Tried starting and finally had fuel to fuel rail ! But still would not start . So was about to pull fuel rail and see if injectors were getting signal to pulse but decided to try the old put a little fuel in each cylinder to make sure it would still run that way. WELL KISS MYBSWEET PATOOT ( southern thing). Not only did it start and run it stayed running ! So I shut if off and it restarted on its own ! So then I hooked water to it and it starts . Runs, and revs. Also it’s peeing out the jet pump , and dribbling out the pea hole under the tow hook . No leaks . Oil on the plugs so believe the oiling system in working !!!!!!!!

I WOILD LOVE TO TELL YOU WHAT I DID TO FIX IT BUT HAVE NO IDEA. I guess priming the cylinders went on and pulled fuel in.

No im gonna put the new starter somnoid and oil filter in it and put it all back together for a sea trail !!!!
That’s fantastic, always love to hear good news. Don’t run that in the hose for longer than 1 minute

😃😃😃😃😃. SUCESS 😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

Celebratory beer time!!!, I usually ride them with the seat of for the first couple minutes, so I can see if water is getting in anywhere

Trail run was a huge success ! No faults , no alerts . Ran strong One question . I only put 6 gal total I. Because if it didn’t work I did not want a bunch of fuel in it. After a little more than an hour low fuel light came on and ski didn’t have any power . So shut it t off and my buddy with his boat brought us in. My question is do these go into a limp mode when low fuel light is on? Seems like there is no “reserve” on these things . Knew I was getting low on fuel but not long after light came on it started bogging. Is this normal ?

Attachments

• IMG_2065.png
    IMG_2065.png
    459.6 KB · Views: 2
Back