Cam shaft washer

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Liga71

Hello all
2014 GTI 130 I was changing my TOPS sensor on the bottom of the blowby valve because I was getting a code. When I reinstalled the blow by valve, I heard something drop, which is what I have circled in this picture. Please tell me I’m not screwed. Thanks.IMG_5554.jpeg

You're screwed .... , it's made of stainless steel so you can't use a magnet to get it out. You will have to remove the PTO cover and maybe the engine , if you don't already have one I would recommend a service manual if you plan on doing it youself.

What you can try (I just has some experiance with this as Digdog knows). But if you take the vlave cover off there is a slight possibility that when that metal plate dropped it got stuck on a pin that sticks out of the plastic piece that fits into the end of the cam. Its like a chinese pinball machine down there. So maybe you got lucky. Good luck

What you can try (I just has some experiance with this as Digdog knows). But if you take the vlave cover off there is a slight possibility that when that metal plate dropped it got stuck on a pin that sticks out of the plastic piece that fits into the end of the cam. Its like a chinese pinball machine down there. So maybe you got lucky. Good luck
Good for a look to see if it's close to the top !! if you do flip it upside down I would do it with the valve cover off. Taking the engine apart is a nasty job , taking the engine out requires a bunch of tools that are expensive. Good luck

Back