Will the cover stay on while driving on the highway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scooper77515

freebie fixer
Premium Member
I have a canvas cover that is tightly fitted to the ski, and it has elastic bands around the edges to hold it on, and on the back are two plastic scoops facing downward (I assume to pull a vacuum and hold it on the ski).

Will this cover stay on during highway driving, or do I have to secure it in some way?

Safe side....

I don't know if there meant for that or not. But to err on the side of being safe, I'd put a few bungies on it!..

That is kinda what I was thinking, or just take it off like I usually do.

My wife says she has seen them on other skis before on the highway, but we don't know how well it was secured.

Cover.....

I really say keep the cover on while traveling, because that will keep the road rash off the ski. You know, rocks, bugs, dead birds and the like from messing up your paint on the front end...........!

We had a great trip!!!

We found a really nice camp ground on Lake Somerville, about 2 hours drive north of Houston. No gators, no snakes, and no sharks. Nice campsites right on the water so we can beach the ski, and camp right next to it. Wind was bad due to an oncoming cold front, but I took the ski out for about an hour and jumped waves, popped wheelies, and submarined it a couple times just for fun...

On the way there, I put the cover on and just to be safe I bungeed it down. I put a bungee across the middle and under the trailer, put a ratcheted strap across the back and through the steel loop, and then pulled the bungees in the front out tight, tied a loop in each side, and put a small hooked bungee through it and under the winch.

So it wasn't going to go anywhere!

Besides that, it did what I thought it would do and sucked a vacuum on the cover and it held itself down tight to the body of the ski.

I agree that it will keep the bugs and road grime off the ski, as well as minimize sun damage, so I will keep it on from now on.

Yup!!!

Nice to get out and, other than too much wind and natural disruptions...had a problem-free day with the machine. We will try to take the tent this week, stay at the camp, and the wife is comfortable enough with this water to be motivated enough to want to learn to drive the ski...:hurray::hurray::hurray:

Weather is supposed to be camp-friendly later this week...

That is great news that the wife wants to drive it herself. It is always more fun when the other half enjoys your hobby as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back