When you guys price a ski....

etemplet

Premium Member
Premium Member
Remember what you are competing with... There is no reason to sell at low prices. This is the crap that people are buying. It does not compare with your work. Your skis run properly and are reliable. If you price your skis alongside these you are doing yourself a disservice. Most of you know this. Quality isn't expensive, Quality is the best value for the money. Cheap is often way more expensive.

I don't ofter work on personal skis but every now and then I do... I just try to help. Gentleman just bought this ski and it wouldn't start but he was getting fire. They way he described it, I thought he had leaking inner seals. He bought the ski and bought 2 brand new carbs and installed them and I gotta admit it looked pretty from top of the engine 1997 GSX. I didn't even try to start. I decided to pull the carbs but I wanted to check the rotary valve timing. Looking through the intake I could see the gear wasn't rotating. The pictures pretty much tell the story.

GSX Engine Damage  (1).JPG

I didn't even get the wrench set on these to loosen them and the heads came right off.
GSX Engine Damage B (3).JPG

Then of course we have this mess. I'm not sure if the rave valve was the root cause ( with improper clearance) but the other cylinder was fine.
GSX Engine Damage B (5).JPG

I thought perhaps the guy that put this together was just inexperienced but this starter bolt with 4 nuts on it..... man that's just way out of the park.

GSX Engine Damage B (2).JPG

Demand good prices for your work. Integrity, Honesty, craftsmenship are the real value.

Last edited:
Back