What makes my PWC go?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i knew the answer was easy. at if you were asking about our reenlisting bonus's no there not worth it. i make 1,200 about every 2 weeks. 2400 a month isnt enough to get shot at and blown up. i work with private contractors all the time who live way better then i do and get paid around 14k a month and are here for 2 months and then go home a month and still get paid that month. just to see how much we would make we posted our resumes withblack water and i was offered 500 dollars a day....:rofl: thats like 150k or more a year and the first 80k is tax free. if i were to reenlist they would give me 45500.00 to stay in an active unit thats deployable. i make a little over 20k a year and if you devide the bonus by four years its not that much. my friend reenlisted and if i worked as a private contractor or just used my clearance and got a job making 60k a year in the states(i was offered one) then i would almost make his entire bonus plus his normal pay in one year. it isnt worth... besides its not like their nice to us... lol

i hope all that makes sense i just got back from amission so my heads all over the place. i got to blow up about 4 pounds of c-4...that was fun i got it on video

Riots

Riots for 6 days now that we (U.S.) have recongnized them as a soverign nation. And a few other countries have too. Now, Russia is happy to keep Kosovo as part of Bosnia.....all the same stuff, different year....

yeah people will always be fighting no matter what we do. its human nature to destroy each other. such a shame

I keep hearing that the economy will fall if there isn't a war. If the economy is bad we need a war also, if there isn't one. I guess we just can't win on that debate.

yeah i guess were just stuck with war...lol but let me tell you. iraq is not a war... its more like i'm a cop with a gun. its annoying. marines are meant to break things and they have us hear and are worried about what color pt shorts we're wearing or if we swept outside that morning. its a pain...lol

Head games!

Oh how I remember the head games.....That kinda duty is something taught to the big brass to keep you under thumb. Their idea is, if your doing something, your not sitting around getting depressed about missing home. They would rather have a pis*ed off marine, than a depressed one.
I always thought it stupid to go out and do a fresh water wash down, when we were in the middle of salt water!..........The salt air blew back on before we could wash it down.
We even had to work a half day on Sunday.....just to keep our minds on our mission and not dwell on what we missed about being at home.
There has been statements in the media lately that it ain't really a war anymore. Saying, they are pretty much takin care of their own, that most of the time, ya'll are just backing them up..........
Any way I see it, if your in a spot, where you can't take your boots off and lay back and daydream without having a mortar round tossed at ya, then your at war................:cheers:

yeah its really dumb. same thing here. always something dumb to do. if were not fighting and dying then it gets stupid.
it really isnt awar though. and generally we dont get mortars lobbed at us either. that stuff quickly died down. with todays technology and systems it pinpoints where the round/s came from and we instantly launch qrf and fire shots back at that location.they started to shoot from the back of pickups to get away faster but we still catch up and kill them... those days are over for them. thats why they stick to ieds. pay some farmer 500 bucks to put it in and then the bad guy isnt at much risk and the farmer plants it. we generally find them though. some still hit us. as for the most part were pulling out all over. at least in the west. the IP's are really on top of things and the bad guys are scared to attack us because we really chase them down and kill them....lol i heard a story of a couple guys gettig shot at and they all charged the house where it was comming from and chased the guys down. they dont shoot at the marines much. if they do its just a couple pot shots that dont come close. the iraqies get in fire fights all the time but if were out there or if were with them they dont bother us...lol there all pu**ys

Funny.....

When you mention that, it reminds me of a vid I saw on .......I can't remember now, but it wasn't "you tube", but it was an aircraft making a run at a suspected Al-Qaeda hide out. He dropped his laser guided and we saw the cross hairs aimed at a house. Then, a bunch of men walked out and was walking down the road. The pilot asked for a target acquisitioin change with all the men that were walking down the road. It was so funny, because it had to be 30 or 40 guys, just casually walking, like after some big meeting. Then, you hear the pilot talking then, "FLASH", then you see nothing. Just gone, nothing.........
I got another vid, where some snipers are sit up on hill side somewhere. He sits up his rifle, which I think was 50 caliper, then he pulls. It takes a minute or so (you can't even see what he's shooting at) then the bullet makes it's mark. This thing was so powerful, you saw the body fly up in the air 20 ft!...man, theres some technology today, that we sure didn't have when I was in!.........

oh yeah i've seen all those videos and then some. its a shame in a way but just the way it is but the best ones you'll never see. normally a marine will have a video and show you but theres def no copies going out or anything like that. i've seen different videos and heard of different ones of guys doing allkinds of crazy stuff but everyones learned to keep it from the public....lol either way theres some funny stuff out there

This might sound dumb, but I think it is better to have combat like in the above posts, than just having a single button to wipe out a whole country if you know what I mean.

well yeah its good to know we can fight like that but there really isnt a country out there that will go punch for punch with us thats why they hide and just leave little ieds behind. that button is still very necissary anda nice back up. its a good f*** you if we ever do get over run....lol

yeah it just destroys the land and kills everything. animals and innocent people so while it saves life on our side it isnt always the best option. actually it generally isnt the best option....lol

But?

But think of what would happen if a terrorist organization or state sponsered terrorism gets their hands on a "nuke".........they won't care about that. It's obvious by the way the war (which by the way, to me was only a war till Saddam was overthrown) is being fought now, that they would put it on the end of an IED or a mortar round and blow any and all around them. Could you imagine the fall-out from someone carrying a dirty bomb?........it would be un-real.
I hope it is only used as a last resort too, but remember, there are already people who would use it in a heart beat. And one President who said he'd blow Isreal off the mad, given the chance......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back