What do I need to grease? Impeller? How too? 2007 se GTI 155

Status
Not open for further replies.
tony, go to a auto parts store and buy the marine or RV AF, Pink and about $4 a gallon...no mixing required. Even ACO has it..probably cheaper there. West Marine has their own label and charges too much.

i saw the pink marine antifreeze, but its for winterizeing and potable...meaning for storing a boat that has plumbing.

Are you talking about this?

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...1-Gallon)-Peak_7020031-P_N3220_T|GRP2004_____

It says Portable, not engine....

The manual says that i just need to make sure that the antifreeze is at a 50/50 mixture. It didnt say to remove the antifreeze with a winterizing antifreeze. I just need to add antifreeze in to the coolant system to bring it back up to a 50/50 mix.

ANSWER!!
The PINK RV/Marine antifreeze is for winterizing. I called up the company on the back of the pink jug. It is not used as a coolant. Just to winterize. The shop manual does not say anything about putting the winterizing antifreeze in there since the coolant, if properly mixed, should do fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Guys,

The other guy mentioned it, and i dont think you guys picked up on it..
those fittings (mine has one) are called Zerk Fittings....
Bills86 just mentioned it to me in another post..
hope that helps..
Crisso,
since you seem like the grease man, question for you:
everyone just says, "yea man, just grease the zerk fittings"
How does one ACTUALLY go about doing that?
greasing the ACTUAL fitting itself would make no sense, as it is a 7mm socket or wrench type screw/fitting
I took the "fitting" off, and it didn't LOOK like there was much of a hole there...is this where i would put the grease?
doesnt look like much would fit, and the opening is small...
what would i use, just fill it to the top with my finger, then put the fitting back on?
is that how you even do that? thanks

Red 2 blue.Mate how the hell could I be angry with you.Our cattle dogs are either red or blue cattle dogs.true as true.Mate.I would not lie on something as important as that.We may fight,but you and I are mates.Just because all things are not agreed on,doesn't stop mates.I have mates and you are one.God!.If we did not disagree,what would we talk about.I learn from you anyway:cheers:

96 - You must use a grease gun. buy them at any Aco, Ace, Home depot, Lowes, etc.
These guns have an zerk fitting adapter built in. You stick the end onto the fitting on the ski and squeeze the handle slowly until you see it bulging out then stop.

I'm a 2-stroke guy and I am no expert on 4-tek SeaDoo's. But I do know this, the pump on a 4-tek gets grease, not GL5 lube like 2-strokes. This thread has gotten so far off the subject maybe you should start an new thread, specifically "lube for a 4-tek pump", so you can get the advice you need.

BTW I change my pump oil at the end on the season when I winterize my ski, if there is water in there I don't want to leave it in there over the winter. 4-teks probably need to be changed also.

Lou

SDB,sounds good, ill do it tomorrow,but honestly, when i was doin the motor mounts, i took that fitting off,and it didnt look like there was a hole on the bottom side of it that would allow grease to flow in,just looked like the bottom part of a threaded screw...but then again,it couldve been filled with grease,appearing as if it were solid. what do u think?

96----is this for greasing the impeller for a 4-tec? If so, if you can take a picture and post it, that would be great.

96 - These 2 pics are my cover and my PTO grease fitting. Take the cover off (2 bolts) Crank the engine over until you can see the fitting clearly and easily, then grease it.

IMG_0312.jpgIMG_0313.jpg

You guys are way off base. He wants to change the grease in the jet pump on a 4-tek, you're are the wrong end of the drive shaft on the wrong ski. SDB, you really need to clean the bilge on your ski, yech!!!!

Lou

Yeah, I know. The ski sunk in July due to loose lines. With the motor on a slant all the water/oil/gas dripped into the hull when I cleared out the jugs. I tried to clean it in August but it didn't come too clean even with engine cleaner (Gunk). So I'm trying again this week when I do the winter projects. But it never drains all the way even if tilted far up on the trailer.

You need to use Castrol Super Clean or Purple Power to clean the bilge, Gunk is petroleum based and will leave an oily film, and just doesn't work that well anyway.

Lou

ok ok ok, yes, this thread went way off topic....but DID help me out....
SDB, that pic IS what i have, so to grease THAT fitting, you're telling me that you DONT unscrew it, and that there IS a fitting on an ace hardware grease gun that will connect to that fitting and fill it up with grease?
and what type of grease am i using?

And Lou, no worries, after I get the answer to this, I'll officially opt out of this thread
TonyD, this was to grease that little fitting in the pic, which is on the other end of the driveshaft..

It's called a zerk fitting, you can get a grease gun anywhere, I would get a mini grease gun, and use marine grease.

Lou

96 - Thanks for setting us straight.
Do as Lou said, marine grease and a gun (all guns will fit a standard zerk fitting).

Pictures help! ! ! ! ! !

Good luck, I'm doing mine today.

I think you are probably right. I'm sorry I can't be of more help, I don't know a lot about 4-teks, but I do know that 4-tek pumps use grease not oil like 2-strokes. This thread has gotten so screwed up if I were you I would just start another thread something like "Changing the jet pump grease in a 4-tek". I think you'll get answers that will be helpful.

Lou

Last bit on this for me.You guys call it a zerk fitting.Down here we call it a grease nipple.for obvious reasons.It has a tiny little ball in the end of it to stop grease coming back out.There is only 2 sizes that 99% of people will ever come across.The size of that one takes up about 99% of that.If you have bearing buddies on your trailer hubs,they are the same size.You buy a grease gun for a standard fitting.Thats all you have to ask for.The guns come with a lever action or trigger action.Trigger are easier to use one handed.
Thank you

Last bit on this for me.You guys call it a zerk fitting.Down here we call it a grease nipple.for obvious reasons.It has a tiny little ball in the end of it to stop grease coming back out.There is only 2 sizes that 99% of people will ever come across.The size of that one takes up about 99% of that.If you have bearing buddies on your trailer hubs,they are the same size.You buy a grease gun for a standard fitting.Thats all you have to ask for.The guns come with a lever action or trigger action.Trigger are easier to use one handed.
Thank you

Criss, if ya got all that grease, what do ya use the other hand fer?....OOOH, nevermind... :D

Sorry guys about the f up.It was post number 2 that started this catfight.I was just trying to help

TONYDIATO, do yourself a favor and listen to what I'm about to say because I'm 100% sure this info is correct (I work on 4TECS for a living).
THERE IS NO GREASE FITTING (ZERK FITTING) ON YOUR SKI FOR THE JET PUMP OR ANYTHING ELSE FOR THAT MATTER.
THE GREASE FITTINGS THE OTHER PEOPLE ARE REFERRING TO ARE ON 2 STROKE SKIS'. YOU HAVE A 4 STROKE SKI.
Is there grease inside your jet pump? YES
You must remove and disassemble your jet pump in order to access it. This pump grease is not considered a serviceable item and typically nothing is done with it unless you need a pump repair.
If you feel the need to change this grease I will gladly try to help you but would be best if you got a service manual. Good luck.

:agree: This is the best advice that I've heard on this thread so far. Some guy giving you bad advice took a wrong turn early in this thread.

This is why we have a 2-stroke forum and a 4-tek forum. If you don't know the right answer, just don't answer. I rarely get on the 4-tek side unless it tends to cross over. I'm going to get off of my soap box now.

Lou

Dennis and Lou
all I went for was a greasable fitting.I said it was right behind the motor,thats all.Was only trying to help.Cheers

Don't you worry none crisso. Everyone still loves you.................especially Sis!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back