What an idiot at the dock today...

Luv2Camp

So after a NICE day out on the water today, my youngest and I took the Sea Doo back to the ramp waiting for my wife and my oldest to come from the beach and bring the trailer to the ramp. As we were waiting for her, there was a guy with his trailer backed into the water waiting for his wife to bring their boat up to it. She was having a hard time getting the boat straight on and he began cursing at her using a whole bunch of words I was not comfortable with my son and the other children at the ramp hearing. I politely asked him to watch his cussing and he replied "no thanks". I told him again and again he said "no thanks" Now I got more direct with him and told him I would not continue to allow my son to hear this out of his mouth and that he needed to tone it down NOW. He shut up. Funny thing is that as his wife was coming in, she almost hit the dock and I deflected their boat off and he thanked me. What a winner...

there are a ton of winners out there this year.. ive seen more "first time boaters" hogging up the boat ramp.. launching their boat.tying to the loading run instead of pulling into a dock space.. and proceeding to take their time (and i mean like a half hour) to load all their snacks and popcorn and goodies into their boat.. walk back to their car to get something then come back to the boat and hang out waiting for some friends to come..

after the line grew to about a dozen or so someone says something to them and all hell explodes.. yelling, cussing, whos right / whos wrong.. i think new boaters need some sort of dock manors training.. its turning into a non-familyfriendly environment more and more every time i go out..

end rant!

^ I see what you did there!!! :)

When my wife is loading her ski I just put my hand in the middle of the bunks where the bow needs to go, she does the rest! (Apparently the winch isn't sufficient.....)

Back