Water/ oil issues

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Selector valve is fuel selector valve, goes between on, res and off
I see I did not touch any of that , I can say that the 2 pipes that go into the carb if I blow on them I can hear air going into the gas tank and also if I suck on it fuel comes out.

I think your suggestion a small tank with direct feed into carb will tell if fuel is not flowing correctly from tank.

Something else now that I think might be an issue , I only put 10 littres of fuel mix into my tank Maybe its not enough to get a decent flow going?

You could try turning it to reserve, 10 litres may not be enough to pick it up in the in position. It’s common practise to change the fuel selector valve when a machine has been sitting for awhile. Running an auxiliary line directly to the fuel tank will eliminate the fuel selector valve. If it runs good with the line directly to the tank then you know it’s either the valve, the oring in the fuel filter or sucking air in the fuel lines. What brand of fuel line so you have on?

I see your point ,will order one .

I don't know what fuel lines they are, from what I can see they look proper thick rubber.

I recall the owner saying he replaced the lines , they definitely not the original grey ones.

To be honest I would not be surprised if he replaced the valve

I see your point ,will order one .

I don't know what fuel lines they are, from what I can see they look proper thick rubber.

I recall the owner saying he replaced the lines , they definitely not the original grey ones.

To be honest I would not be surprised if he replaced the valve
If the lines are black that’s a good sign, I’ve never had any luck with the clear lines, just not quite the right ID. If you take a look there may be some writing on them. I would start by trying to start it in reserve with only having 10 litres in there, if that doesn’t work, move on and try running that aux line to the reserve fitting on the tank.

If the lines are black that’s a good sign, I’ve never had any luck with the clear lines, just not quite the right ID. If you take a look there may be some writing on them. I would start by trying to start it in reserve with only having 10 litres in there, if that doesn’t work, move on and try running that aux line to the reserve fitting on the tank.
Cheers

I hope it's something like that and not the inner seals ,I mean I looked at them they where brand new and I even put a touch of gasket seal I used on cassing

I am finding it hard to belive its leaking

Cheers

I hope it's something like that and not the inner seals ,I mean I looked at them they where brand new and I even put a touch of gasket seal I used on cassing

I am finding it hard to belive its leaking
By the sounds of it, since you took the plugs out and cranked it over with no oil coming out the inner seals are not leaking, and even if they were a little it wouldn’t stop it from running.

By the sounds of it, since you took the plugs out and cranked it over with no oil coming out the inner seals are not leaking, and even if they were a little it wouldn’t stop it from running.
Hi Burt

To be safe I bypassed my tank fuel connected to the inlet nipple a bottle with fuel on a clear hose.

I started it up and could see fuel moving in the line, however it ran for about 5 seconds and died , I manged to start it up several times same thing.

Now I am confused I think I have ruled out the carb been an issue what else can it be?

Sounds like something small and stupid , I am 110 percent sure i fitted the rotary disk correctly so timing can't be out ?

Your thoughts?

Thanks or anyone else

Hi Burt

To be safe I bypassed my tank fuel connected to the inlet nipple a bottle with fuel on a clear hose.

I started it up and could see fuel moving in the line, however it ran for about 5 seconds and died , I manged to start it up several times same thing.

Now I am confused I think I have ruled out the carb been an issue what else can it be?

Sounds like something small and stupid , I am 110 percent sure i fitted the rotary disk correctly so timing can't be out ?

Your thoughts?

Thanks or anyone else
When you run a direct line from the tank or auxiliary tank you are eliminating the fuel selector valve and the fuel filter from the equation, I always run it from the tank when doing this, all the fittings on top of the fuel baffle that goes into the fuel
Tank are embossed so be sure you are putting your fuel inlet line to the RES fitting on the tank. I worry that the auxiliary tank you used was small and perhaps was creating a negative pressure inside of it, not allowing the carb to suck fuel after 5 seconds, I don’t know if this is the case, I’m only guessing. You could try again by running the fuel supply line from the carb to the RES fitting on the tanks fuel baffle, only take 5 minutes. But if the ski doesn’t run correctly with the direct line to the tank then it points to being a carburetor issue and I know you have rebuilt and tested the carburetors so I’m not sure where to look next. Any idea’s @mikidymac ? Hopefully you can get it figured out

When you run a direct line from the tank or auxiliary tank you are eliminating the fuel selector valve and the fuel filter from the equation, I always run it from the tank when doing this, all the fittings on top of the fuel baffle that goes into the fuel
Tank are embossed so be sure you are putting your fuel inlet line to the RES fitting on the tank. I worry that the auxiliary tank you used was small and perhaps was creating a negative pressure inside of it, not allowing the carb to suck fuel after 5 seconds, I don’t know if this is the case, I’m only guessing. You could try again by running the fuel supply line from the carb to the RES fitting on the tanks fuel baffle, only take 5 minutes. But if the ski doesn’t run correctly with the direct line to the tank then it points to being a carburetor issue and I know you have rebuilt and tested the carburetors so I’m not sure where to look next. Any idea’s @mikidymac ? Hopefully you can get it figured out
Hi Burt

Let me see if I have wired my fuel pipes correctly lol

As per below the red dot goes to RES on baffle.

Blue goes directly to the fuel filter showing the arrow in the other arrow showing out goes to the carb that has a arrow showing in.

The yellow goes to ON the baffle

The is a VENTon the baffle that goes into a t piece which vents on either side of the tank .

The other nipple of the baffle can't see the name this also goes to the carb with arrow showing out.

There middle nipple on the carb pulse ,this connects directly a short distance over on the motor left of the rotary valve cover

Attachments

• 20240506_200249.jpg
    20240506_200249.jpg
    354.3 KB · Views: 1
That’s a good idea to make sure your fuel lines are on correctly. Your fuel selector looks different than mine, on mine, everything is embossed ON RES VENT RET but you have to look closely.

Hi Burt

Let me see if I have wired my fuel pipes correctly lol

As per below the red dot goes to RES on baffle.

Blue goes directly to the fuel filter showing the arrow in the other arrow showing out goes to the carb that has a arrow showing in.

The yellow goes to ON the baffle

The is a VENTon the baffle that goes into a t piece which vents on either side of the tank .

The other nipple of the baffle can't see the name this also goes to the carb with arrow showing out.

There middle nipple on the carb pulse ,this connects directly a short distance over on the motor left of the rotary valve cover
That is the correct installation.

Back