Wake 155 or 215???

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeSS

I just purchased a 2008 SeaDoo Wake 215. My gut instinct first told me to get the 155 because it would be enough power to tow skiers and wakeboarders. I once had an old 14' Jet boat that was 90hp and would tow riders up to 200 lbs, so knowing that I felt that the 155 would do fine. I then came across a dealer who was offering an amazing deal on an 08 Wake 215. I knew I could afford it, so I said hey might as well, so I bought it. My first day out with it, I rode it according to proper break in procedures, not just cruising around at one speed, but putting it through its paces up to 3/4 throttle. In 1 hour I had used half of the tank. This made me disappointed. Did I make a mistake in buying the supercharged version when I could have saved 1,000 or more on the price and gas in the long run? The power is amazing on this 215, but I don't think it is necessary. I know gas will kill me. What should I do?? Trade it into the dealer with 1 hour on it, or sell it with 1 hour and get the 155? Or keep it for the season and see how it goes? How much better gas consumption does the 155 get in the 3 seater Wake edition? I need help. I'll take any opinions. Thanks. Mike.

Hi Mike....welcome to the forum.

About the fuel comsumption. I have an 07 RXP 215 and I average about 4 hours per tank of continueous full throttle and 5-6 with periods of 1/2-3/4 throttle. Using a half tank in 1 hour of 3/4 full throttle does sound a little excessive. Are you sure the tank was full 15.9 US Gallons(60L)? I know my gauge often tells me my seadoo is full when i know it is missing about 10L

I have a buddy with a 155 RXT and he tells me he gets 5 hours full throttle while my brother gets about 2-3 hours with his RXT-X.

Hope this helps!

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back