Verisplug Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosie2514

Does anyone know if the versiplug will screw directly into the X4 drain located in the pump area? or do you have to relocate ?

Thanks

Versiplug #1400/1401 - Sea-DOO, Honda and Polaris Watercraft

looks like you have to replace the housing the drain plug would screw into.

i'm 99% sure you just unscrew the plastic plug and screwed in the versa, i'll be honest, i've only seen it installed once and at a quick glance it looked like it was just screwed into the same hole. But honestly I didn't stare at it, and actually questioned the need.. see below

the part i'm curious about is why do you want one ? are you currently taking on water and quite a bit of it ? On my XP I'll be honest, I probably took out the drain plugs maybe 3 times over the course of two years, and 2 of those times it was out of sheer boredom when I was poking around the garage looking for something to do so I unscrewed them and put them back in a couple days later.

(my bilge was always bone dry, at best a few oz of water even on a rough day)

on my yami I owned for two years the only time I touched the drain plugs was to screw them in the day I bought the ski, on my 4 stroke the only time I touched them was when my daughter flipped the ski, haven't thought about them since.

Well Spim, my ski is currently motorless and under a full resto/rebuild along with all the other inyards. Just thought it would be something nice to have as a safe alternative. I dont have the stock bilge in my ski, i have bilge pumps for such an emergency.

Not sure I would trust them since they can't even spell drain correctly on their website, "brain plug".

One thing I noticed over the weekend when I was taking my 2001 XP apart for buffing is that the factory drain plugs have this same automatic ball valve built onto them. If you remove the two Phillips screws and pull them out you can see the ball so they might be a retrofit for the older skis. Mine were full of oil and junc so the balls did not seal but after they are cleaned up you shouldn't even need to screw the plug in and they should function automatically.

BTW: I will still be using the plug.

here's a pic of them installed ! looks like the same base, just a different plug

IMAG0271_zpsae64d609.jpg~original

you can access full size here
http://s102.photobucket.com/user/ZuminaZX/media/IMAG0271_zpsae64d609.jpg.html

Does anyone know if the versiplug will screw directly into the X4 drain located in the pump area? or do you have to relocate ?

Thanks

I always see them facing directly rearward. I guess it would still work facing the pump though. The ones I have do screw into the stock plug hole.

re: a resto, I think adding the plug is overkill/unnecessary.

I'd rather see you spend the money on something else, like some sexy proks, which generally speaking are just as useless, but look cooler :)

I would be concerned that a piece of debris (tye wrap, leaf, nut, bolt etc) from inside the hull would get stuck in there while it was draining and not allow it to fully close. So when the ski is in the water and not in use, water would seep in.

The only place I have seen the need for these is when you ride the surf especially on a stand up. When the entire ski is under water and/or when you get rolled by a large wave you can dump more water in through the vents than a bilge pump can keep up with so most of the dedicated surf guys use these ball check drains to dump a lot of water back out. For a rec ski I wouldn't bother.

True enough, the thought of ANY water in my hull while river cruising just gives me the eeks. Not that there should be any water getting in anyway.

Well, you need a little water in there to wash all the bilge slime back into the body of water. Hope the EPA isn't monitoring this site....

You can still buy the OEM ones from seadoo. They have that one and the Coast Guard exemption ones, I think I paid $0.95 each.

I would be concerned that a piece of debris (tye wrap, leaf, nut, bolt etc) from inside the hull would get stuck in there while it was draining and not allow it to fully close. So when the ski is in the water and not in use, water would seep in.

You and me both brother. I'm always worried about that snipped zip tie end that got away from me.

The good part is that it keeps me keeping my hull clean.

I already picked up a 97spx box and painted it lol

well dammit, looks like your two steps ahead of me then.

pic of waterbox ?

Will the engine be painted ?

I assume your painting or powdercoating the pipe/manifold ? (and new plugs on pipe?)

I'd still skip the versi, I can't see a true need myself (and I feel the same about duckbills) I prefer a closed & tight OEM system when it comes to holes below the waterline.

Other cosmetic considerations.... single gauge hood, aftermarket bars, Finger throttle, umi stop/start, even with a stock stem I still like the look over the big pad.

Dude i love that turn over sticker. Was that your ski? I wish i could buy one. I still dont know which way to do it, and ive thought about it for a long time lol

Not my ski, mine has the factory sticker and it came very much in handy once.. I'm sure the stickers are out there, I tried a quick search on fleabay but I can't come up with the right keywords :( I doubt this will help

346.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Engine is black and doing the Pipe/manifold black also. Since the head is blue all. Hoses are blue silicone except fuel line which is fast flow blue line. Blue Taylor plug wires. Steering pad will be the RFI Pad along with new grips. STILL NEED A FINGER THROTTLE WITH HANDLEBAR CAP. if anyone is reading this lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back