Vacuum bailers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saqqara

Do all models have vacuum bailers? I haven't located mine yet (but nor have I looked hard, the mosquitoes drove me in), if my '01 GTi has them. Are they supposed to work at idle speed, or do you have to give it some gas?

I'm sure it's evident from my threads tonight that in my maiden voyage I forgot to put the plugs in; took me a couple minutes to figure this out. Then I idled home, about 20 minutes, with water in the bilge, thinking it should remedy itself.

Add a bilge pump (automatic, and a small hand pump) to the shopping list I guess.

I really wanted to take it out in the lake and open it up, but didn't want to get that water moving around too much. I should have put it back up on the trailer in retrospect.

I'm looking up the bailers for you now in the manual...I don't remember off hand their location.

yes you have bailers and no they arent very efficient at idle. The faster you go the faster they bail.

They work from a vacume created by the pump pushing water past the tubes.

I found them, they were hiding beneath those "danger will robinson" robot arm thingies.

They weren't clogged.

Next time I'll be sure I have something to bail with.

I guess better late than never...Thanks for the response Mike. I didn't want to respond unless I knew for sure. I hate to give false information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back