Utopia won't start!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgardiner

I need help with my Utopia

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My 2001 Utopia 185 won't start ! It turns over and over, but it won't start!
My mechanic who works on Seadoo wave runners believes it's one of the computer modules but doesn't have a wiring diagram to trace the problem but has determined that it doesn't have power to the coil.

Any suggestions/advise? I do not want to go to the dealer clueless and be taken for a ride (past experience) when it comes time to pay the bill. I have had this boat for 3 years and has always been trouble free and a complete blast to own!

David

David if you need any wiring diagram post in the premium forum which you need and we will get it to you right away.

I need to download a wiring diagram that is specific to the 210 HP Mercury engine that's in the 2001 Utopia 185.

Please advise where/how.

Thanks David

Have you pulled the plugs to see if they spark while trying to turn it over?

Ground!

I agree, either the coil or the wires, but I'd sure check the coils to ensure they are getting a good ground before replacing. Not real familar with this engine type, but the coils will either be grounded by the body of the coil, or there will be a black ground wire. Just like on a car battery, if it's gotten corroded or loose, contact is lost, so is power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back