Upgrade to supercharge

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmarusa

I currently have 2003 4 TEC sportster, no supercharge. Anyone ever install a factory SC after? Just wondering if it's even possible.

I do some general maintenance on the boat myself, but bigger maintenance items I have the dealer do. Think this would fall under that. Wondering if they would even do it.

MORE POWER!:driving:

Yes you can always swap in a supercharged motor in place of the non supercharged one. However, it isn't very cost effective. It would be cheaper and way easier to sell the boat and buy the same boat that already is supercharged.

Yeah I like all the upgrades I've done to the boat and if I was selling might go with a bigger boat anyway. If I had to swap the whole motor forget about it. I was thinking if it was 3-4K to add a supercharger on might be worth it.

You could do that but the SC motor uses lower compression pistons and different cams. Putting a SC on a 155 without lower compression and changing cams would yield less performance and reliability. In other words not really worth it in my opinion. Now if you had a blown 155 motor and you wanted to upgrade because you like your boat and wanted to keep it then that would be worth it if you have the cash to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back