Top End Performance issue/question

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are talking about in the side of the housing arrester? Those for are brackets for support to the engine to keep if from rattling and that. You can plug the holes real quick but the carb settings are wrong.

You are talking about in the side of the housing arrester? Those for are brackets for support to the engine to keep if from rattling and that. You can plug the holes real quick but the carb settings are wrong.

Actually it keeps the intake manifold from cracking, there exists a possibility since this thing is running lean as hell that the intake manifold has already cracked causing a huge air leak.

thanks howie099

speedracer;;

I did your accl pump test.. I let it run on hose about 3 mins...cut it off,, pumped throttle 30 times and it DID NOT start right back up,, after about maybe 5-10 seconds of what sounded a choked carb ? I gave it half throttle and it fired up,, revved a bit high then came down a bit...

after you run it for little bit and you turn it off you can give it gas once and you should hear the gas shot in to the engine for the accel pump. You can do the vacuum test on it also but they cost $15 for a new accel pump rubber. When I do the carbs I do everything so I don't have to mess with it again for a bit. wfo speedracer might have a point your intake could have crack with the supports gone and you are sucking extra air.

I do have a bracket on there #270 000 261

that is the only 'support type' bracket I have

point me in the direction of intake manifold ? top of carb ?

lol the piece i had in my hand when i put the block off plate on...

i did look it over, not looking for cracks though,, didn't see any... the gasket stayed in the slot when the manifold came off

had to put in a pdf for some reason

i guess you have to open it in pdf,, it was a two page reply and couldn't figure out how to break it up

Attachments

heck for all I know I could have the wrong air box/silencer for this ski...lol

according to the manual I have

the one I have is #273 000 115 Air Silencer Base, there are 4 ea 1 3/4" holes that cone down to the bottom of base unit that the intake draws it's air from. roughly the length of a toilet paper roll....lol I went to HD (plumbing section) and got a pvc end cap that pressed right on.

I have been taking pics along the way with the things I have found/issues fixes when I got it, not like a detailed build out. Also a video of the out come on the lake this past weekend, need to get it from brothers phone. if you guys would like to see I will do my best to post,,lake videos are about 1:30min ea,, Anyway it has this ski running pretty D good,, Also my brother made me redo jet pump early Sunday morning (glad he did) it added 5-7mph I get to 52-55mph with ease and a better pull from idle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back