Tigershark

Ok, thanks Burt. So hoses appear correct then.

Whey you say you get no pulse from the fuel pump do you mean it isn't pulling fuel or the line on the engine side is not pulsing?

Take the pulse line off at the carbs and put your finger over the end of it while cranking over the engine, you will feel the pulse. With good compression there is no reason not to have a good pulse unless there is a soft hose being used as the pulse line? Instead of a good quality black fuel hose

Take the pulse line off at the carbs and put your finger over the end of it while cranking over the engine, you will feel the pulse. With good compression there is no reason not to have a good pulse unless there is a soft hose being used as the pulse line? Instead of a good quality black fuel hose
Or if the reeds are bad.

Be honest, I forgot what engine this was and was thinking Seadoo. Just curious, how does it work as for bad reeds causing it to not draw fuel?
Bad reeds will not close and let the air move in and out of the intake and crankcase instead of actually making pulses.

The reeds can not seal all the way and it will still run poorly, also if only the pulse fitting side has bad reeds it will run on one cylinder out of the water.

Not saying this is the cause but I would look at it if there is no pulse from the fitting.

god i hope not bad reeds it did fire right up when i sprayed fuel directly down carb this is a tiger shark 770 with new piston’s ring and piston along with new cylinder

Is this 770 the red and white one? My other brother in law ( not to be mistaken for my one brother in law who has the 94XP) had a red and white 770. He got to take it out twice, the guy he had bought it from told him that a plastic piece was broken, my brother in lae decided that that plastic piece probably was t that important so he took it out, I was there. Anyways he’s driving along, he looks at me and says “should it be riding this low” I said “it’s fine” he gets a little further and I’m like “you better head back” by the time he gets back to the ramp the ass end is pretty mich under water. Ended up, the plastic piece that the previous owner told him was broken was the strainer only the water supply line coming from the jet pump. So we get it to my place, I crank all the water out, get it running again, he takes it back out and gets to ride for about 5 minutes till it quits, no more compression. That was his one and only PWC, I did like the looks of it though

Is this 770 the red and white one? My other brother in law ( not to be mistaken for my one brother in law who has the 94XP) had a red and white 770. He got to take it out twice, the guy he had bought it from told him that a plastic piece was broken, my brother in lae decided that that plastic piece probably was t that important so he took it out, I was there. Anyways he’s driving along, he looks at me and says “should it be riding this low” I said “it’s fine” he gets a little further and I’m like “you better head back” by the time he gets back to the ramp the ass end is pretty mich under water. Ended up, the plastic piece that the previous owner told him was broken was the strainer only the water supply line coming from the jet pump. So we get it to my place, I crank all the water out, get it running again, he takes it back out and gets to ride for about 5 minutes till it quits, no more compression. That was his one and only PWC, I did like the looks of it though
From what saw the reeds looked fine definitely no broken ones and as for color its a 98 and has no color on it anymore lol

You could check your fuel vent valve located probably under the rub rail and the valve that allows air into the the take somewhere up higher. Have you tested the fuel pump to see if it’s holding 4 pounds of pressure? This is where I would start, also I believe pop off is responsible for supplying fuel up to 1/4 throttle, have you checked your pop off?

is it possible that im missing a check valve in the fuel line that maybe causing a problem
There should be no check valves in the fuel or return line, only the vent lines.
If it is not pulling fuel it is either the pulse or the fuel pump. Try putting a hose in a bottle of fuel and see if the carb will pull fuel from that. Eliminate the fuel tank, filter and on/off valve as suspects.

There should be no check valves in the fuel or return line, only the vent lines.
If it is not pulling fuel it is either the pulse or the fuel pump. Try putting a hose in a bottle of fuel and see if the carb will pull fuel from that. Eliminate the fuel tank, filter and on/off valve as suspects.
will do this as well i had to do this on my vette and found out fuel pump was good thanks for advice hopefully will find out on saturday

Back