That sticker at the back of the ski that shows it tipped 90 degrees to the left...

Status
Not open for further replies.

scooper77515

freebie fixer
Premium Member
...What does that mean? If I dump my ski and suck up water, do I just tip it to the left and then start it up, or do I rotate it 360 degrees to the left (roll it completely over and back upright)?

I have seen this forever, but never knew what it meant, and luckily, never needed to do it.

When I pulled off all my hot-pink XP stickers, this is the only one I left on...hopefully for a good reason.

Questions.....

How come you always ask the hardest questions....the ones I can never find in the manual?....huh.....? do you just want to stump me?.....huh, ....? do you hate me or somthing....? huh..?.............:rofl:

I couldn't find anything specific on it Scott. But I did see the stickers and from what I can see, it seems that if you roll it upside down, they want you to roll it counter clockwise to right it back up. Probably so that the water in the exhaust, doesn't run back into the engine.
That's my guess, I didn't see it in the manual though. It's probably in the operators guide.....:cheers:

How come you always ask the hardest questions....the ones I can never find in the manual?....huh.....? do you just want to stump me?.....huh, ....? do you hate me or somthing....? huh..?.............:rofl:

I couldn't find anything specific on it Scott. But I did see the stickers and from what I can see, it seems that if you roll it upside down, they want you to roll it counter clockwise to right it back up. Probably so that the water in the exhaust, doesn't run back into the engine.
That's my guess, I didn't see it in the manual though. It's probably in the operators guide.....:cheers:

Louis I believe that is what I have allso read water in exhaust reason. :agree:

Cool!...

Wow, I got one right...........You ever notice how Scott always throws out those really hard to find questions...........!.....man, without him, I'd have no reason to keep my nose in the manuals.........:rofl:

:agree: That's exactly why that sticker is there. It is very important to right the Seadoo in the direction indicated on the sticker.

I actually can't believe that none of you have ended up with your machine bobbing upside down in the water after being launched off!! It happens to me all the time...often a few times a day!!

Soooo....

If I fall of and the ski flips, I just need to rotate it that direction once until it is upright?

Let me rephrase that a couple different ways. I am assuming that no matter what I do and how I fall off, the ski will right itself. Like a Weeble Wobble (they don't fall down:D)

If I flip the ski completely upside down (and most likely fall off), do I still flip it to the left and then upright before starting it?

If I flip it over and it rights itself, do I still rotate it 90 degrees to the left for a few seconds, or do I rotate it 360 degrees left?

Sorry, I am not trying to be a smart-alec...I just drive this thing hard and KNOW that I will eventually need to heed the warning on this sticker, and need to know how to handle it when it occurs.

If I fall of and the ski flips, I just need to rotate it that direction once until it is upright?

Let me rephrase that a couple different ways. I am assuming that no matter what I do and how I fall off, the ski will right itself. Like a Weeble Wobble (they don't fall down:D)

If I flip the ski completely upside down (and most likely fall off), do I still flip it to the left and then upright before starting it?

If I flip it over and it rights itself, do I still rotate it 90 degrees to the left for a few seconds, or do I rotate it 360 degrees left?

Sorry, I am not trying to be a smart-alec...I just drive this thing hard and KNOW that I will eventually need to heed the warning on this sticker, and need to know how to handle it when it occurs.

Hey no problems, I ride mine hard as well!! It's good to gather as much knowledge before you end up scratching your head while bobbing in the water not knowing what to do. :lols:

Here is how it works with reference to my machine. If you launch yourself off and find your Seadoo floating completely upside down, all you have to do is roll it over in the direction indicated enough to right the machine only. There is no need to turn anymore than required to right the machine. Once this has been done, climb on and rids as normal.

That being said, I have never left my machine floating upside down for more than a minute or two. Basically the time it took for me swim over to it from where ever I landed.

So...Basically, if I fall off and send the ski "on it's way" without me, it is best to just tip it on it's left side for a few seconds, and let it fall back down to level, then ride off...right?

Regardless if it flipped or not, in case I didn't see it because my bottom lip was pulling sand off the ocean floor:ack: it is best to just swim to the ski, lay it on it's left side, remount, and ride into the sunset. Correct?

More so if I actually saw it upside down....:confused:

I only ask so repetitively because after replacing the wear ring, I expect to get MUCH more air jumping at the beach, and there will be a MUCH better chance of me landing somewhere OTHER than where the ski lands. And I want to make sure I can DRIVE back to shore, and not have to swim back pulling a dead ski by a ski rope through choppy surf and waves.

So...Basically, if I fall off and send the ski "on it's way" without me, it is best to just tip it on it's left side for a few seconds, and let it fall back down to level, then ride off...right?

Regardless if it flipped or not, in case I didn't see it because my bottom lip was pulling sand off the ocean floor:ack: it is best to just swim to the ski, lay it on it's left side, remount, and ride into the sunset. Correct?

More so if I actually saw it upside down....:confused:

No, you will never have to "flip" it more than what is required to make the machine top side up. In adition, you will only have to do this if it lands upside down.

What the sticker is saying is that should your machine end up upside down in the water, make sure you roll it to the left (180 degrees) when you go to right it. Basically make sure you do not roll to the right as you will run the risk of flooding the engine. In theory you could roll it 100 times to the left if you wanted to but it would serve no purpose.

Thanks! Makes perfect sense now!

OK, basically, just never rotate it to the right. I got it.

Thanks, I feel much better now...:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back