Thanks for all the help, guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scooper77515

freebie fixer
Premium Member
Got the wear ring and seals replaced and the entire thing put back together.

Couldn't have done it without all your help:cheers:

Wanted to add on other thread...

...that only one of the 3 local guys had the impeller removal tool, and he wanted $125 for it:confused: I thought they were only $20-40, so I passed on it.

Other thread was closed so I posted it here.

Robber!....

Yeah Robin, that was the tool he was looking for. I order it when I ordered all my parts and oil.
But to hear that guy want to charge you $125, is because he doesn't want you to do the work. He wants you to bring it to him so he can charge you $350, for something you did for less than $75...............that's business:ack:

Yeah Robin, that was the tool he was looking for. I order it when I ordered all my parts and oil.
But to hear that guy want to charge you $125, is because he doesn't want you to do the work. He wants you to bring it to him so he can charge you $350, for something you did for less than $75...............that's business:ack:

I was thanking the same thing myself.

Good point...

I just figured he didn't know what I was asking for and was trying to sell me some kind of "puller". Then when I described it as "a small chunk of splined shaft with a hex head on one end" he agreed and said, "yep, that is what I am looking at, $125...":confused:

I hate when people try to "shaft" you...(get it, "shaft"...:rolleyes:)

Just did it an hour ago at the vet. Usually get a $16 shot once a month for skin problems, but have to drive 20 minutes each way. Tried a closer vet today about 2 miles away, and he wanted to charge me $318 for the same thing:ack:

I told him to just charge me for his "expert opinion" and I will go back to my old vet. Still cost me $116 for that...:(

Good point...

I just figured he didn't know what I was asking for and was trying to sell me some kind of "puller". Then when I described it as "a small chunk of splined shaft with a hex head on one end" he agreed and said, "yep, that is what I am looking at, $125...":confused:

I hate when people try to "shaft" you...(get it, "shaft"...:rolleyes:)

Just did it an hour ago at the vet. Usually get a $16 shot once a month for skin problems, but have to drive 20 minutes each way. Tried a closer vet today about 2 miles away, and he wanted to charge me $318 for the same thing:ack:

I told him to just charge me for his "expert opinion" and I will go back to my old vet. Still cost me $116 for that...:(
It sure seems wrong how doctors can run all kinds of test on you and still can not find out what is wrong with you but still charge you for their test and their time. Do you think mechanics can get away with this if they were taken to court. mechanic runs all kinds of test on your seadoo still does not know what is wrong and when you come to pick it up he says that will be $450.00. doctors get away with this every day.

I don't trust mechanics either. That is why I do all my own work, except on sensors/check-engine light issues on our daily drivers. Can't figure out the computer stuff without the right tools...

factory service centers are like a box of chocolates!!

would you believe that I use to do alot of warranty repairs for many leading engine manufactures gas, propane and diesel. 2 and 4 cycle. I had no experiance on some of the repairs I was doing. scary isnt it? all you needed was a few $100,000 in inventory and stock some of their parts and you were a factory authorized service center and you could hire who ever you wanted to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back