Sucked up weeds?

Riley11034

This weekend I tried taking my spark trixx out on a lake and unknown to me the entire launch area was filled with weeds below the water. I made it half way through the lagoon before I got the high exhaust temp warning which made me pull up to shore and pull the weeds out. This has happened to me before and it’s usually fine once I pull everything off the intake grate, but it was still showing high exhaust temp so I put it back on the trailer to have a better look and the shaft was wrapped in weeds. I managed to get them off and put it in the water once more at a clearer launch. I get out on the water and there’s no warnings or anything but my top speed was 10mph less than usual and if I instantly full throttled it the ski just revved up and smoked a little. I took it home and can’t see anything through the intake. It was just weeds to my knowledge and I barely throttled it through that area so I was wondering if other people have had this problem and what they did.

Hey sounds like you busted your wear ring. I just busted mine on my 2020 spark 2up. I sucked up some oysters and sand. I have the same exact problem it freaked me out, i could slowly accelerate but if i hit the gas too hard it would rev and just stall in the water. I replaced mine at home with the Riva Racing stateless steal one. Make sure you buy a new rubber seal for it as well just incase, mine was broken. Attached pics. I found a couple videos online backed the trailer up to my garage and it was actually pretty easy to do.

Attachments

• 1C3C0752-0278-4A96-8442-194AD2B2ACEE.jpeg
    1C3C0752-0278-4A96-8442-194AD2B2ACEE.jpeg
    703.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 5D46F925-146D-4DBA-8035-31D6B7D41B17.jpeg
    5D46F925-146D-4DBA-8035-31D6B7D41B17.jpeg
    250 KB · Views: 18
Hey sounds like you busted your wear ring. I just busted mine on my 2020 spark 2up. I sucked up some oysters and sand. I have the same exact problem it freaked me out, i could slowly accelerate but if i hit the gas too hard it would rev and just stall in the water. I replaced mine at home with the Riva Racing stateless steal one. Make sure you buy a new rubber seal for it as well just incase, mine was broken. Attached pics. I found a couple videos online backed the trailer up to my garage and it was actually pretty easy to do.
Forgot about posting this, it was indeed the wear ring! I’ve replaced it and everything was good for the rest of the season. I just got a plastic one, does the Riva make any noticeable difference in performance?

Forgot about posting this, it was indeed the wear ring! I’ve replaced it and everything was good for the rest of the season. I just got a plastic one, does the Riva make any noticeable difference in performance?

So i just replaced the wear ring, with the plastic stock one i was only able to get to max speed of 50 even new; ive only had it for 6 months now and have put on 60 amazing hours, but with the new stainless steal one im actually maxing out at 52mph, totally wasnt expecting the increase i just didnt want to have to have to replace another one down the road. I read for people who ride in shallow water and beach often that the stainless steal was a better option. Its also the same one that sea doo advertises on their website for sale, but i purchased it directly from rivas site because they had it for like 20 bucks less. I read replcaing the stock prop may also increase speed but that is speculation, i really again didnt plan on a bump in speed i was just pleasantly surprised, it also has a bit of a louder sound nothing wild.

Back