stabilizing an XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

scooper77515

freebie fixer
Premium Member
Is there any way to stabilize my 96 XP? It is a bit squirrely when at rest, and also at high speeds. Not too bad in between.

I like it that way, but the wife gets skeered when it wobbles.

Stabilized Xp

The only way I know to stabilize an XP is to leave the wife at home!!!!

DAWG

Sponsons

It has them, but when it planes, those things are mostly out of the water.

The only way I know to stabilize an XP is to leave the wife at home!!!!

That was HER suggestion, too:agree:

Not sure if there is a real cure to help stabilize it at rest... that's the fun of the water craft, and why you wear a life jacket.

Personally, I really like how squirrely and maneuverable the smaller XP is, but the wife gets scared when it isn't completely stable. I am trying to get her over this and get her comfortable on the ski, but she has always had this problem with skis and motorcycles.

I got my kids over the wiggle as such by making a game of it when they were small. After that they wanted it to be unstable just for fun...lol

I would rock it back and forth from side to side and see who could balance the best...they learned quickly so as not to fall in the water. They were like 6 and 8 years old...I did the same with my wife, years before, when we were first dating.

The key is to not fall off but if you did that was game over. My kids thought it was hilarious when dad oops-ed and fell in the water...I never ever fell off my stand-up, so they thought it was something special to see dad fall of a standing still pwc.:rofl::)

Is there any way to stabilize my 96 XP? It is a bit squirrely when at rest, and also at high speeds. Not too bad in between.

I like it that way, but the wife gets skeered when it wobbles.

That's a great ski! Just over 400 lbs and loads of power. I had a 95 XP (same hull) and I remember a windy day on lake Mead ... spent most of the afternoon in the air. Have fun w/ yours and get the wife a 3 man ... stability problem solved.

Air

I spend most of the time in the air with this one when I ride off the beach. I like that kind of riding.

I remember riding one of these in 96 or 97 when they were still new, on Possum Kingdom lake, and hitting some boat wakes and getting at least 8' airs with the wife on back. I was only allowed to do that one time. The black and blue fist prints on my back faded over the next week or so:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back