Some questions about my new toy - 2006 GTI SE 130

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

TSmith

Hey guys. Just purchased my first PWC yesterday. It's a 2006 GTI SE 130 4-Tec. Had a little time to play around with it, now I'm starting to generate questions. Hope some of you can help point me in the right direction.

First thing I know I'm going to need is a manual. Anyone know where the best place to download owner's manual would be? Might need service manual later, but right now just want to see what I have and how to properly operate and care for it.

Second question. The guy I bought it from was the second owner, and did not have the learning key. Is it possible to purchase a new one and have it coded correctly? I have a 14 year old who might be getting her operators license soon, and would love to be able to put her in "learning mode" for at least a while.

Last question for now, but I will likely have more. Will be storing it on a Hydroport 2. in a covered slip on our boat dock. With it so close to the water I'm hesitant to pull the plugs to drain water out after riding, but I doubt its good to leave any water in the bilge. Anyone have a similar setup and can offer a little advise? Maybe pull them to drain but put right back in? Sounds logical, if not always practical.

Thanks in advance everyone.

Welcome to the world of seadooing! This is a GREAT site for info.

For your questions, you can search around the net to find a manual.

As far as the learner key a local dealer can program you a learner key. But they will ding you
for the programming. They may run you a deal if you buy the blank key there but try and haggle
and maybe you can get a deal. I eventually bought a Candoo Pro machine that allows me to do it
myself as my only local dealer wanted me to wait 2 weeks and then $125 to do it...I'm sure other
dealers with competition will do it cheaper...

As far as the docking situation, other will chime in on that. I will say that you should have very little
water in the hull after riding, unless you ride like a maniac :) ...

Thanks so much for the reply! And I agree, I already got a lot of good advice here leading up to my purchase.

I've searched for the manual up and down across the internet. All I can find for download is the shop/repair manual. I found what looks to be a knockoff of the owner's manual on Ebay for $23, but it hard copy only, which I guess will work, but was hoping for pdf. Even the Sea-Doo website only gives information for model years 2007 and newer. Very Frustrating for new owners. Does the premium membership here give you access to the Owner's manuals, or just the shop/repair manuals?

I did find at least a spec sheet that tells me what capabilities I have, but don't know how to access some of them. Like for instance, spec sheet says the SE version has 16 function information center, but theres no buttons to access any functions other than the speedometer, tach, and fuel gauge.

As for the learner's key, I've called a few dealers and a few more shops. Nobody really wants to do it since the original learners key is lost. Interesting since they all said they'd be happy to make a duplicate of the primary key for me. I have one more local dealer to call tomorrow and have my fingers crossed.

And no real water in the hull, just had about a half inch sloshing around that the previous owner said probably came from him washing it right before he brought it for us to test ride. I don't plan on riding like a maniac, far too old and have too many obligations to do much of that. What the kids do when I'm not around.... now you know why I want to obtain a learner's key:) ...

You can download a manual from this site if you join as a premium member, you only need to join for one month.

Lou

Thanks, that's what I was wondering, but I thought maybe that was just shop manuals for folks who do a lot of their own work. I might have been one of those if I'd bought an older machine, and still might do so. Since I bought the 4-Tec though I think I'd better let someone else handle the complicated stuff and stick to simple things like changing the oil and such. All I'm really looking for is the Owner's manual that tells me how to operate the thing and when I should have it serviced.

Anyway, thanks again.

I just checked the operator's manual for you ski is available in the manuals section of this forum.

Lou

Thanks. I'll look into the membership in the morning when we get through these storms. Really appreciate the help.

Hey guys. Just purchased my first PWC yesterday. It's a 2006 GTI SE 130 4-Tec. Had a little time to play around with it, now I'm starting to generate questions. Hope some of you can help point me in the right direction.

First thing I know I'm going to need is a manual. Anyone know where the best place to download owner's manual would be? Might need service manual later, but right now just want to see what I have and how to properly operate and care for it.

Second question. The guy I bought it from was the second owner, and did not have the learning key. Is it possible to purchase a new one and have it coded correctly? I have a 14 year old who might be getting her operators license soon, and would love to be able to put her in "learning mode" for at least a while.

Last question for now, but I will likely have more. Will be storing it on a Hydroport 2. in a covered slip on our boat dock. With it so close to the water I'm hesitant to pull the plugs to drain water out after riding, but I doubt its good to leave any water in the bilge. Anyone have a similar setup and can offer a little advise? Maybe pull them to drain but put right back in? Sounds logical, if not always practical.

Thanks in advance everyone.

1. will you be riding in salt water.. or fresh water?? i only ask because if its salt water, your going to need to flush the ski properly inbetween rides.. as well as washing the outside of the ski so salt does not eat away at your pump or anything else...

2. if you have a candoo system you can make program any key and set them to be learner keys or "fun" keys.. then again those are 500 dollar machines that really wont be used that often.. i would keep asking around to see if someone local has a candoo and can do it for you..

No salt water for us. We will keep it on the lake. I've seen what salt water can do to them though.

Don't have a Candoo, and for the money dont think that's an investment that would pay off for me, at least not yet. I'll keep looking for someone who does, or for a shop that will at least make the learning key for us.

Tony

If you send me your ECU, which takes less than 5 minutes to remove, I'll supply and program a learner's key for you and ship it back to you for $50 for a used one in excellent condition or a new one for $75. PM me if interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back