Solas Impeller 2006 Sportster 215

Status
Not open for further replies.
for me, i can't tell whether i have lost top speed or RPMs since my gauges don't work. i do know that my boat does not cavitate anymore. i was thinking of taking my OEM impeller to SBT here in Clearwater for refurbishing and reinstall it. i guess i should get my gauges fixed/replaced before i do that so i have actual numbers to go by and compare.

Never trust the gauge for mph tracking, its not accurate. Gps only! And unclebilly, yes, you are down roughly 20 hp compared to guys at sea level. This will definitely cause lack of rpm. Need less prop or more power!

Sea*Doo's gauges are horrible. Their idiots lights horrendous. Don't trust their readings, rpms way off, water temp same thing, depth gauge need I say more, but we have more fun than three monkeys in a barrel. Trust your instinct and a GPS.

Last edited by a moderator:
I checked the speedo against a gps last year and it was surprisingly accurate.

I will know for sure when I get my chart plotter installed.

I checked the speedo against a gps last year and it was surprisingly accurate.

I will know for sure when I get my chart plotter installed.
It may be close one day, but the next off by a lot. My 05 215 sportster speedo would say 65 on Monday, 50 Tuesday, and 55 Wednesday. Gps was 55-57 all days. 08 c180 is consistently high, reading mid 50's on a good pull. Gps says 47-48.

You have to account for the current, as well. If you are going against a 2mph current, your GPS will be 2 mph slower and vise versa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Guys, just a quick question, are the wear rings slightly beveled I am thinking no, just thought I would check. Whats the tolerance on the blad to the wear ring gap.
Ill go snap a pic to hear your thoughts.

IMG_20160527_1533362.jpg

IMG_20160527_1533204.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
looks like groove there, any cavitation? you have the pump out, why not change now.....

Like you mentioned, i just changed it while i had the pump off. I was able to use a dremel tool and cut away some of the wear ring to get it out without pulling the impeller so it was easy! Also, the wear ring i took off was white and the brp ones are grey so maybe the previous owner had an after market?

I tested the boat a few days ago and the hole shot is much better so obviously it was slightly cavitating.
Thanks Guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back