Solas Impeller 2006 Sportster 215

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLB

need info on which Solas Impeller to get. nothing i have seen in the forums or parts sites give any definite answer. this is for a 2006 Sportster 4tec SCIC 215. i need to change the wear ring and impeller because they are all chewed up. i was looking at doing the SBT OEM exchange for $69.99 however when i called today they said it could take a week or longer because they dont have one "on the shelf". so i called Barney's in St Pete and they are $369.00 for new OEM. PWCMuscle in Tampa has a Solas SRX-CD-14/19, which i think may be the right one according to Solas Website, but it doesn't specifically list my boat on the chart at all. The price for that is $259. Another option would be this one on ebay for $221. Should I get a Solas? Does anyone know for sure which one I should get? Surely someone else has changed their impeller over to an aftermarket.

need info on which Solas Impeller to get. nothing i have seen in the forums or parts sites give any definite answer. this is for a 2006 Sportster 4tec SCIC 215. i need to change the wear ring and impeller because they are all chewed up. i was looking at doing the SBT OEM exchange for $69.99 however when i called today they said it could take a week or longer because they dont have one "on the shelf". so i called Barney's in St Pete and they are $369.00 for new OEM. PWCMuscle in Tampa has a Solas SRX-CD-14/19, which i think may be the right one according to Solas Website, but it doesn't specifically list my boat on the chart at all. The price for that is $259. Another option would be this one on ebay for $221. Should I get a Solas? Does anyone know for sure which one I should get? Surely someone else has changed their impeller over to an aftermarket.

I have the 07 challenger which is the 215 hp...I went with the solas concord series...14/19 pitch...I love it...only have about 4 hours on it but I can definitely tell the difference....put a new wear ring with a new impeller.... This pitch and series of the impeller is for the hole shot but when I was out sunday I hit 52 on my speedo...never been that high before maybe 47 mph...
I'm loving it so far...

researching further, a guy on this thread recommends going with the 13/18 and someone else says 14/17 (which i don't think exists). also, when i pull a spec sheet for my boat it says that the pump diameter is 15.63cm (which is 156.3 mm). both the solas 14/19 and the solas 13/18 say they are for pump diameter 159mm. every other 215hp watercraft that i look up says 159mm. so i guess im just looking for a little clarity.

here is a quote from that thread
On a stock or intake only 215 boat, I'd go with the 13/18. I've seen several reviews of this one on the 215 boat over the years and its a much better fit than Solas' 14/19 recommendation. It's listed under the impellers for the skis, specifically RXT and GTX 215 models.The 14/19 is just plain too much prop for the stock motor boat to pull proper rpms, unless maybe you are in cool temperatures and riding solo in the boat all the time.

Goggle the phone number where Rcguy got his impeller from and contact them...I'm sure they will help you for a sale...I went with the 14/19 cause all my seadoo buddies with the 215 run it...the horse power of your water craft matters also why they make different pitches...can't remember for sure but when I order mine I belive your boat was under which ones it would fit...

researching further, a guy on this thread recommends going with the 13/18 and someone else says 14/17 (which i don't think exists). also, when i pull a spec sheet for my boat it says that the pump diameter is 15.63cm (which is 156.3 mm). both the solas 14/19 and the solas 13/18 say they are for pump diameter 159mm. every other 215hp watercraft that i look up says 159mm. so i guess im just looking for a little clarity.

here is a quote from that thread
On a stock or intake only 215 boat, I'd go with the 13/18. I've seen several reviews of this one on the 215 boat over the years and its a much better fit than Solas' 14/19 recommendation. It's listed under the impellers for the skis, specifically RXT and GTX 215 models.The 14/19 is just plain too much prop for the stock motor boat to pull proper rpms, unless maybe you are in cool temperatures and riding solo in the boat all the time.

I dont really believe that thread you quote, they dont even mention pump dia.
solas is a company which designs impellers to match hp, pump type and boat weight. hence their chart shows boat type pump size and hp to match up against impeller type. i would believe solas than vague chatter.........
i have just taken off a 13/18 and replaced it with a 14/18 (159mm pump).

thanks for all the info and help. i think i'll go with the 14/19. i bet it will pull my boat pretty damn good. i'll post again when i get it in and let you know how it goes.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for all the info and help. i think i'll go with the 14/19. i bet it will pull my boat pretty damn good. i'll post again when i get it in and let you know how it goes.

Hi! I have a problem with speed. A maximum of 30-35 miles (at 8000 rpm, and even a little more). The rate is almost unchanged if I move the handle from the middle of the speed at maximum. I think that the first owner of catching stones. I crawled under the boat and touched the blade with your finger, there is a notch. Please advice. I need to change only the Solas impellers or something else?

You most likely need a new wear ring and a new impeller. The only way to tell for sure is to take the pump off and take a look.

Sea*Doo tells boat owners of Challengers to run the boat in at least 3 feet of water. The jet drive acts like a vacuum cleaner and sucks up all loose sand,pebbles and rocks from the bottom. Just because you only draw 12 inches of water doesn't mean you can run in 15 inches. The impeller runs about $250 and the wear ring about $40. So if you do the job yourself you can save a bundle. Good luck!

If you do swamp impellers. Make sure you torque the impeller on to about 100 Foot Pounds. The manual will have specific numbers. It also means you need to have bench setup to take that kind of torque and long cheater bar.

Thanks friends! Another question: I see the ring on sale $ 40, but there is still Solas ring wear solid stainless steel ring 90. $ 08-690 better or not?
Screenshot_2015-06-23-06-33-16.jpgScreenshot_2015-06-23-06-32-53.jpg
_20150623_063658.JPG
_20150623_063540.JPG
What is the best buy for my boat?

Attachments

• _20150623_063616.JPG
    _20150623_063616.JPG
    213.9 KB · Views: 38
Personally, I would rather tear up a wear ring than the pump or the engine, so I wouldn't use a stainless steal. I want a sacrificial material to tear up if I suck a hard object into the impeller.

Personally, I would rather tear up a wear ring than the pump or the engine, so I wouldn't use a stainless steal. I want a sacrificial material to tear up if I suck a hard object into the impeller.

You are so RIGHT!!!! I agree with you 1000%...... if that was possible.

I ordered Solas 14/19 and the plastic ring. We see the result. I am very glad to have met sympathetic people.

i recently installed a Solas 15/21 and man my 2009 speedster 150 255hp is pulling hard. Also top end is a little bit higher

I have the 14/19 solas concord in my speedster 150/215.

I get 48 mph with 400 lbs in it at 7200 rpm. I think the stock prop was faster.

I have the 14/19 solas concord in my speedster 150/215.

I get 48 mph with 400 lbs in it at 7200 rpm. I think the stock prop was faster.

And thats why the solas website makes no sense when they spec a 1500lb 215hp boat with the same impeller as an 800lb 215hp ski...

Last edited by a moderator:
They also claim quicker hole shot and faster top end...

My observations of the prop are as follows:

1. Beautifully polished whereas the Seadoo prop was rough.
2. Knife edge leading and trailing edges.
3. The leading edge is more square, whereas the stock prop's leading edge was far more gradual from the hub to the wear ring. I think there is more blade with the solas.

My boat never revved above 7200 with the stock prop either. Altitude?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back