Slo-mo rebuild of my 1990 and 1991. Newb build so all advice is welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure will! They are already looking much better! Believe it or not the seat covers are pretty much perfect, just dirty.

And thanks a lot! I'm a Chevy guy tried and true. New ones are a complete animal. I have some mods done and it is dyno tuned but nothing crazy like my 96 since it's on daily duty

Just heads up to anyone, if anyone is interested in scooping up these babies, for the time being... They are for sell, if they don't sell in time I will continue my rebuild but I have an opportunity to grab a ski I've been wanting and need a little more cash. I have bills of sale for both skis and the trailer, which is custom built and can be registered anywhere.

Rod, you da man.

Lou

Thanks for the kind words. At least this time you did not refer to me as "that old relic rodinescondido"; seems ya gotta be a little careful there, I think we determined in one of these threads that we are about the same vintage ... like in fine wine!!!

I have learned most from the real experts here who, despite having busy days and nights, have been willing to take time to help amateurs like me and in the process have only occasionally dug at me in good humor regarding my flubs and basic questions. Of course spending a lot of time head-down in a SeaDoo bilge teaches a lot.

Just heads up to anyone, if anyone is interested in scooping up these babies, for the time being... They are for sell, if they don't sell in time I will continue my rebuild but I have an opportunity to grab a ski I've been wanting and need a little more cash. I have bills of sale for both skis and the trailer, which is custom built and can be registered anywhere.

delivery included? ;-)

Thanks for the kind words. At least this time you did not refer to me as "that old relic rodinescondido"; seems ya gotta be a little careful there, I think we determined in one of these threads that we are about the same vintage ... like in fine wine!!!

I have learned most from the real experts here who, despite having busy days and nights, have been willing to take time to help amateurs like me and in the process have only occasionally dug at me in good humor regarding my flubs and basic questions. Of course spending a lot of time head-down in a SeaDoo bilge teaches a lot.

Rod, If I remember correctly (not always and easy thing to do at our age), I called you vintage, like your ski's.

Lou

Haha, vintage I see! I guess I would be the young one in here!

Turns out I may not need to sell them, but I will still keep them for sale. If I had time to deliver I would! Lol

Hey James, cool project! I love the early models. To save you some time, here's a diagram of the fuel system:

1.png

It's from a 92, but I've used this same configuration on earlier ski's as well. My advice: buy a new fuel valve, filter, and both check valves, it's worth the money. Build the system on your workbench before attempting an install. Trim the carb in/RTN lines to fit.

If you want to have a whole bunch of fun, consider dropping a 720 motor in one of them. :)

Cheers,

Ben

Thanks Ben I appreciate that! As of now, they are on hold until I get my new ski ready for this summer. I picked it up for a good deal today. 04 Sea Doo RXP 215, I know I will be rebuilding the SC and doing the updated flywheel bolts. My painter will also be spraying it for me, hopefully next week. I'm thinking Cobalt Blue Firemist, possibly with a purple pearl.

If anyone is interested in these, I would sell for a very good price. I would like to rebuild them but as of now they will sit for a while and I don't want that to happen to them and longer. I would sell the two skis and trailer for $600 firm.

Thanks Ben I appreciate that! As of now, they are on hold until I get my new ski ready for this summer. I picked it up for a good deal today. 04 Sea Doo RXP 215, I know I will be rebuilding the SC and doing the updated flywheel bolts. My painter will also be spraying it for me, hopefully next week. I'm thinking Cobalt Blue Firemist, possibly with a purple pearl.

If anyone is interested in these, I would sell for a very good price. I would like to rebuild them but as of now they will sit for a while and I don't want that to happen to them and longer. I would sell the two skis and trailer for $600 firm.

not a bad deal, i paid $550 for almost the exact same trailer (roadmaster). if i had the space to put them and it wouldn't get me divorced, i might have taken them off your hands.

Hey James, cool project! I love the early models. To save you some time, here's a diagram of the fuel system:

1.png

It's from a 92, but I've used this same configuration on earlier ski's as well. My advice: buy a new fuel valve, filter, and both check valves, it's worth the money. Build the system on your workbench before attempting an install. Trim the carb in/RTN lines to fit.

If you want to have a whole bunch of fun, consider dropping a 720 motor in one of them. :)

Cheers,

Ben

Good diagram, but I think you got the in-tank pickup line lengths reversed: the longer one would be for reserve (pickup deeper in the tank).

At this point I'm very interested in selling so I can get my new ski ready for summer time. Will make a great deal to anyone interested. Located in Zachary, LA

I'd pay the $600 if you bring them to Niceville, Fl and there is paperwork enough for me to get Fl titles.

In all honesty, I would meet you half way for the $600. That's about 2.5 hours for each of us. I have bills of sale for all 3, trailer has never been titled but can be. No vin on it yet.

I think you need to keep them, ya never know when you will need a spare.

If you do sell, for all the free advice you should split up the $ among us .... ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back