Seadoo XP or GTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mybubbles

My husband and I are looking at some used Seadoo's. We looked at a 1994 GTS in really good shape and also a 1995 XP Limited. Which is the better machine? Someone told me the XP's are very tippy when not in motion. Is this true? They are about the same price so which is the better machine?

If both of you are going to ride the same ski at the same time the 95GTS. I actually own a 95XP 800 its a great ski, but it's a one person ski with room for two. It's very unstable at slower speeds and with two on board practically impossible.

If they are the same price the 95xp 800 is definitely the better buy, it's a very rare ski, SeaDoo only made 500. But be aware it's a one person ski.

Lou

The gts should be a better cruiser for consistent 2 up riding but the XP would be more fun for solo riding.

I should clarify that we are buying two. They are being sold in sets. Two Xps and then the GTS's. I'm not a speed demon. Just like to cruise along slowly. I'm concerned about what the person said about the XP being tippy when not in motion. The XP is 16 inches shorter and significantly heavier.

My husband and I are looking at some used Seadoo's. We looked at a 1994 GTS in really good shape and also a 1995 XP Limited. Which is the better machine? Someone told me the XP's are very tippy when not in motion. Is this true? They are about the same price so which is the better machine?

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Yes, the GTS and the GTX's are for cruising and for 2 or 3 riders.
The XP is somewhat unstable even with just one rider (very unstable with 2 people) and can be hard to mount if you fall off in the middle of a lake.

O.K. now that I understand what y'all are doing I have some new advice. If it's a choice between the two ski's the 94GTS' or the 95XP 800's get the 95XP 800's. It's the best ski that SeaDoo ever made.

If it comes down to the 94GTS I would keep looking, it's a big ski, but it's very underpowered. You might want to look at either a 96+ (3person)GTX, or the sportier (2person) GSX. You're gonna get bored with the 94GTS real quick.

Lou

My 94 gts is very difficult to tip over...

It also has reverse.

I've got a 97 xp, wife rides a 94 GTS...

Myself I love the XPs, love how they handle. Dont want anyone on with me anyways. :)

My wife likes the slower GTs though, she has no inclination to go fast or turn hard. Barely goes above 1/4 throttle!

We just found out that the XP's have the optional "stabilizers" on them. Anyone know anything about these? Do they make them less tippy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back