Seadoo starts out of water and revs fine in water it bogs

Mrmustang197886

It had a charging issue and that was repaired, starts up in and out of water but bogs down real bad in the water but not out of the water 🤷🏼🤦

I haven’t owned it very long, I rebuilt the engine and it ran fine on the water then it had a charging issue and fixed that and rebuilt the jet pump with a solas prop and no bogs down in the water

What did you change to fix the charging issue? Regulator? Ha ce your blogging issues started since changing the regulator?

I actually didn’t change it I found a wire that was pulled out slightly so got lucky on that one, but sense then yes the bogging has started in the water but runs great out of water

The wire tha was pulled out, was it red, was it to the regulator? I think you may have a bad regulator, they can cause all kinds of problems when they are bad. You can start the machine, don’t leave it running out of the water or more that 30 seconds or so, see what your volts are at the battery with it running at 4500 rpm

I did that and at idle the volts are reading around 13v and at 4500 they are reading a hair under 14v
Those are pretty good, maybe a hair low but good IMO. I would try taking the red wire off the regulator when you have it in the water and see how it runs. If it’s not the regulator then I would look at the fuel system, check for air leaks, rebuild carbs

Those are pretty good, maybe a hair low but good IMO. I would try taking the red wire off the regulator when you have it in the water and see how it runs. If it’s not the regulator then I would look at the fuel system, check for air leaks, rebuild carbs
What red wire are you referring too? You mean the one on the battery or somewhere else?

I have a 2000 SeaDoo GTX limited with the carbed 951
Nice machine, I have lots of them but not one 951, without having that machine I would have to look at the wiring diagram. Not sure if it’s something that can be done on your machine or not but it’s a very common test here on the forum to see if the regulator is acting up, if running perfect when the battery wasn’t charging and then fixing the loose wire which fixed the charging issue but caused a bog.... what was that wire going to

Nice machine, I have lots of them but not one 951, without having that machine I would have to look at the wiring diagram. Not sure if it’s something that can be done on your machine or not but it’s a very common test here on the forum to see if the regulator is acting up, if running perfect when the battery wasn’t charging and then fixing the loose wire which fixed the charging issue but caused a bog.... what was that wire going to
It was a wire that was lose on one of the plugs that goes into the computer

81CCDCD5-336E-4FC8-8848-CFB78E8A46B4.jpeg
Just having a quick look in the manual, It says the regulator/rectifier is integrated into the MPEM on all 947 engines. I don’t think I will be much help for you on this with the 947. There is a dynamic test procedure in the manual you could try... I’ve never done that test so no help to you there either.

I am having a similar issue with my 1995 Seadoo Bombardier SPX. We just rebuilt the engine carburetors and think it might be due to a poor seal with one of the gaskets. I don't know if the wire is the true cause of your issue. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Seadoo 10.jpg
    Seadoo 10.jpg
    859.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back