SeaDoo Sportster'95 needs motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wardell

Well I bought a sportster '95 and I got it from a friends parents.... older couple.... boat sat up for 2 years but they said it ran last time they were in it.... guess what..? lied... hehehe.... I was getting boat tuned up and all the good stuff before getting on the water and it's never left the shop.... bought it for $1k shop bill is $1100. and now if I want to get a motor it will be what? Need help on what to do? I know I will use the boat a lot if I can get it out of the shop... but dont know if its better to just go find another boat... ;(

What did the shop do to cost you $1100????

I did an engine swap (rebuilt engine), carb rebuild, and a fuel select valve for a guy a few months ago, and the total bill was $1500.

Need Motor sportster '95 reply

I got a new starter, rebuild Carb, new oil tank, fuel line cut off valves, drained tank, oil and fuel. total tune-up..... I want the boat, just dont know where to go from here...... I will call tomorrow and get a price on rebuild I guess.... need advice.... wish I could get someone to call place for me and see what was done....

You should really buy a manual and do the work yourself.
You could of done all that yourself.

exactl what he said ^^^ you can do all that yourself, you dont have to be mechanically inclinded, just know how to use some tools and read some manuals, and ask question on here. Dont take it back anymore, they are royally screwing you over at least with the price. I personally do my own work myself, ive never recovered seats before, and i started last week on my freetime. So now my seats in my 97 challenger look great.

need motor..

I am looking for manual now..... I will have the detailed bill this week and share it..... thanks guys..... well I have all winter to work on it for the spring...

I am looking for manual now.....

If you are looking for a manual, you can join this site as a premium member for one month for $10.95 and download all the manuals you want. You may want to sign up for longer if you have lots of work to do, then you will get special attention from the real pros around here with any question you have to ask.

Unless you get your manual for free, it really is the best deal out there. You'll pay $15 on ebay for a cd with your manual and get no support afterwards. There are some sites on the net that offer free manuals, but you have to get lucky with the year/model because they typically only have a few manuals to offer.

Wow, I sound like I am getting paid to say this. I better speak to the admins and get my check.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back