Seadoo Speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

evandwest

I have owned my Seadoo for a little over a year now. I would like to attach some speakers to it without having to do a custom install. I was thinking some kind of bluetooth speaker but I am having trouble finding one that is water proof and loud enough so I can hear it over the engine. Does anyone have any ideas.

I'm in the same position.

I know that JBL makes some really great waterproof speakers. But not too sure how you would attach to the machine.

I'm in the same position.

I know that JBL makes some really great waterproof speakers. But not too sure how you would attach to the machine.
Ya I saw some speakers by braven, I was looking at the ready pro, it has a GoPro mount and I was gonna take two of them and put them in the foot wells on the front. You can connect the speakers together through the app. Just not sure if it will be loud enough.

I am not sure I have a picture of that but here is what I did:

First, as its name says, these speakers have a clip. Second, both my Sea-Doos have an anchor point just near the handles. However, I was not able to attach the JBL Clip directly to one of these anchor points because the angle did not permit that. So on the anchor points, I just attached these wrist lanyards like these:

https://www.amazon.com/YOUOWO-Lanya...l+wrist+strap&qid=1553878727&s=gateway&sr=8-3

Then you can attach your JBL speaker in an instant. When I'm done, I simply remove the speaker and put it in the storage compartment (even fits in the small one). You can leave the lanyard there permanently,

Are the anchors you’re talking about the same as mine? You can see them where the rope is attached. I wonder if I can fit the JBL Clip 3 on there. 7E0A3B77-0A64-454C-B1EC-56CAA1EC881E.jpeg

Mine are more on the side so the speaker hangs almost vertically. But yes, a JBL clip 2 speaker would fit there I think but it would lie flat on your compartment cover. I do not operate my Sea-Doo with the speaker hanging so it would not be a problem for you as well if you remove them before you ride On my 2003, they would be in the way (like yours) when riding but not on my 2018 (even if I don't recommend that you ride with them attached (anyway you wouldn't really hear them well with all that noise).

Mine are more on the side so the speaker hangs almost vertically. But yes, a JBL clip 2 speaker would fit there I think but it would lie flat on your compartment cover. I do not operate my Sea-Doo with the speaker hanging so it would not be a problem for you as well if you remove them before you ride On my 2003, they would be in the way (like yours) when riding but not on my 2018 (even if I don't recommend that you ride with them attached (anyway you wouldn't really hear them well with all that noise).

I don't think those anchors move as I turn so I was hoping I could operate the machine and use the speaker. Might attach 2 and test to see if it's loud enough. So long as they don't really bang around, I think 2 of them might be loud enough.

The anchors don't turn if like my 2003. The speakers are made of rubber in the back so I don't think they would scratch anything, however they could get in the way of the handle bar due to their thickness, not sure. On the new GTIs they are really more on the side of the ski.

I was looking at this speaker. I comes with a go-pro mount that you can attach to your jetski. You can also pair two of these together and have a left and right. I think I might put these inside the top part of the angles footwells.

Attachments

• Braven Ready Pro.jpg
    Braven Ready Pro.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 37
I was looking at this speaker. I comes with a go-pro mount that you can attach to your jetski. You can also pair two of these together and have a left and right. I think I might put these inside the top part of the angles footwells.

How would you mount those? Are they louder than the JBL Clip 3?

I just got the Clip 3 and it's a good speaker but would definitely need 2 to hear anything while riding the doo.

How would you mount those? Are they louder than the JBL Clip 3?

I just got the Clip 3 and it's a good speaker but would definitely need 2 to hear anything while riding the doo.
Yes these speakers are definitely better than the clip 3. What you can do is you can stick a GoPro mount on a part that you want it and you just need to place it on. The GoPro mount has a stick pad and the actual mount part. The speaker connects to the mount part. Then you can connect two of these speakers together to get a louder sound.

Yes these speakers are definitely better than the clip 3. What you can do is you can stick a GoPro mount on a part that you want it and you just need to place it on. The GoPro mount has a stick pad and the actual mount part. The speaker connects to the mount part. Then you can connect two of these speakers together to get a louder sound.

Ah ok I know what you're talking about now. I may do this instead. I just hope it would be sturdy enough for while I'm driving.

I think I might buy one and mount just infront of the gauges. This way the sound is directly infront and may be loud enough with just one. This mount looks pretty good: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B079WQ5PRP/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&psc=1

On second thought, the speaker seems really big and I'm not sure I would want it directly infront of gauges...

Last edited:
So this is what I’ve gone with. I think I’ll put an elastic band around them to prevent them from bouncing around. Sounds great though! Hopefully loud enough on the water.

Attachments

• 2A51AA79-9561-4FFA-82BF-0A36DB2ADCF1.jpeg
    2A51AA79-9561-4FFA-82BF-0A36DB2ADCF1.jpeg
    958.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 79038790-AE7B-4C39-A00A-A50CDE6BAA6D.jpeg
    79038790-AE7B-4C39-A00A-A50CDE6BAA6D.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 57
So this is what I’ve gone with. I think I’ll put an elastic band around them to prevent them from bouncing around. Sounds great though! Hopefully loud enough on the water.

Update... not loud enough in the water. Upgraded to this speaker called Braven Ready Pro and its great. Loud enough for me to hear even when going 50 mph.

The speaker is completely waterproof, has a go pro attachment, floats in water and has great sound. Also, the speaker has a very thick rubber backing that is at the perfect height to not smash the plastic gauge cover. I went jumping the waves of surf boats and got some wild air, but the speaker still stayed on perfect. Very impressed!

Also, It tucks away nicely right infront of the display. Can be easily removed if I don’t want it on.

Picked one up for $79 CAD by chance on amazon but it’s $220 regular price.

I think this is the cheapest and best option for those of us who don’t have speakers but want something on the water.

Attachments

• 97717E5D-BB2C-480A-8112-006B8FACC8E8.png
    97717E5D-BB2C-480A-8112-006B8FACC8E8.png
    7 MB · Views: 52
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back