Seadoo RXT- X flooding

Status
Not open for further replies.

frost

My seadoo flipped the other day and filled almost completely with water within a couple of seconds. When I got it out and empty, I noticed that the air intake hose which runs from under the handle to the bottom of the bilge was disconnected. This left a huge 4 inch hole which I am assuming allowed the water through into the engine compartment so fast. Has anyone else ever heard of this happening on any seadoo? It is a brand new seadoo and submerging voids the warranty, but as far as I can figure, it is seadoo's fault it flooded, not mine. Thanks for any comments.

submerging..

They have a switch which tells the seadoo has been flipped over and logs this into the memory. How many hours on the doo? Are you having a problem getting it going again?

Related Issue

My wife rode her 05 RXT a week and a half ago Cleaned it up put the cover on and stored it. Yesterday I was going to look it over and had a spare set of plug so I figured I would change them since it has 38 hours on it and she was going to ride it this week. Found out the dealer sold me the wrong plugs so I cleaned the old ones, cleaned up the coil boots and put silicone lube one them. I figured I would just run it on the hose a bit since I had it out and uncovered. I hooked up the hose and tried to start it but it would not turn over. Hooked up charger and the battery was full. after bumping it a few times it turned a few rounds fired and locked. Pulled plugs and had water in the cylinders. Rolled it and blew the cylinders out... alot of water.... Pulled header pipe and muffler... no water in there. Pull out intercooler and found it to be wet and oily. Reached into air plentum and found what seemed like nearly half a gallon of water sitting in the bottom of the plentum. I shoved a towel in to soak it up pulled somewhat or a vacuum on the cooler with my mouth to see it if was leaking... seemed ok.... Cleaned up intercooler and put it back in.. no lines on it fired for a few seconds and all sounded fine. I will the intercooler and pressure it up tonight with a water hose to look for a leak. I will pull the intake hose going to the superchager today after work and look for water in there. I will also change the oil since it looks milky.. but it was fine when I checked it prior to finding this issue. I will also do a compression ( I have it) check... and leak (need to get one) down if I need to.

I know the rutine about getting rid of the water in the crackcase......
Most of the water was found in the back cylinder....WD40'd all of them.......

Where did this water come from? What about the oil that was with it? We had 2 -3 days of pretty bad rain and it sits outside with a Seadoo cover on it. She also said she did not roll it over or anything last time she rode it..

What does this cose mean?

P1517
Compass out of range

WORRIED ABOUT ROD/BEARING/PISTON DAMAGE IN #1 CYCLINDER!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
More Info - HELP!!!

With 38.5 hrs. 143.8 miles a filter change around 10 hrs. and oil and filter change at 24 hrs. I am getting #1 dry 110psi wet 135psi, #2 dry 130psi wet 150psi, #3 dry 130psi wet 145 psi 30w oil use for wet test. Is there a way to check to oil pressure with a gauge?

Any suggestions?
Put it together and run it?
Possible s-pipe leak?
Intercooler pressured up with 40psi water pressure and no visible leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back