Sea-doo Challenger with a single 800

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdesjard

Hi,
do you know if it is possible to fit a 951 cc and a 155mm pump replace a 800cc and a 140 mm pump without too much modifications.

Welcome to the forum mdesjard. I don't remember anyone swapping out the 2 units you described. The best advise I could give you is see if anyone else chimes in who has done the swap. If you could get a look and measure a seadoo that had the other parts in it you could compare the two and figure it out that way...
Good luck and see if any one chimes in. Keep us posted as I would be curious as to how it works out.

Karl

Welcome to the forum...

No, the 951cc engine is a completely different engine, by design and electrical system. You would have to change out almost the entire electrical system and the 951 mounts would have to be fabricated into the boat to fit, since the engine is different.
The original engine, the 787cc (called the 800 for convenience) is the boats design engine and although there are some modifications you can make to the impellor for a bit more speed, I don’t know if the pump your wanting to try could be modified to run on the 787 Rotax.
Good luck though and tells us what you decide to do!....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back