RXT Cavitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ampero

My 2005 RXT sucked up some sea shells last weekend, sounds like a spoon in the garbage disposal before I quickly shut it down and cleared it. As one would expect, I have no hole shot at all already, score marks in wear ring, and very small dings on leading edge of impeller. It is hard to believe it would cause that bad of cavitation. I have a new Solas impeller, wear ring, and impeller tool, but I am scared... It looks like i need many other o-rings, oil seals, pump oil etc. Maybe this is not a DYI project.

You sound excactly like I did just yesterday. I just bought mine 2 weeks ago and said screw it and took off just taking it apart. I have never even seen anybody work on one, let alone me do it. Also mine did not have pump oil, it is just bearings and grease and that was one of my major concerns to deal with. Just take your time, and put parts in order taken out and just do it in order to put it back. Also if you want to pay 11 bucks you can get the shop manual in the premium section and it will tell you excactly how to do it. Most shops will charge well over a hundred dollars to put something in you could easily do yourself. Also I did not change any seals (unless yours are bad you won't have to change them) and if they are bad just go to your local dealer and pick them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back