Runs on reserve tank only

Status
Not open for further replies.

crashcourse101

I get the carbs clean and put back in hoping all my issues are gone. It hits full speed and dies. I kept going back and forth what is this. Yesterday I took them out, the one that dies at wot stopped when I turned to the reserve tank. The one that used to be fine now dies on either setting.

The one ski is doing the exact same thing as the other did. Now I have broken studs on the exhaust.

What is the torque spec on the exhaust bolts at the collector?

How do I get these to run right on the correct setting?
Where should I start? lines?long plastic pickup?

Thanks

Pick-up tube?...

This will be a hard fix, not enough info. I'm not saying your not sending enough, I think you've sent what you know. You need to look into it further and see if there is something else out of place as to why you can run on reserve and not "on".

The carbs?......if you removed them, you may want to check on the syncro. This itself will cause your problem. So many times, when people are having problems with the operation of their ski, that may be fuel related, they don't come in with the conditions of the spark plug. This can be crucial in helping to diagnose the problem.

My gut feeling is syncro, then maybe the fuel lines aren't tight, moving from one carb to another. And depending on how far you went in their repair, the lever on the needle valve may not be identical as the other.

I hope this helps. Remember, the twin engine carb means that they should be exact in jetting and settings..........

:cheers:

Thanks

I did not take the carbs down that far, I only took the diaphram loose to inspect ,the filters out and cleaned . The plugs look the same in both cylinders. Umm The first ski was doing this before I pulled them but didnt think to try the reserve setting then, just thought they were clogged.

Its almost like it sucks the line dry then fills back up, or loose line loosing pressure, air leak somewhere. Does the plastic pickup ever go bad from sitting. Maybe clogged not sure of the assembly so I cant think of the repair.

I do still have the gray lines, I know its an easy fix and I should have replaced them already.The first ski runs great on the reserve, but once you switch it to on it dies when you hit full speed.

I see alot of people say they cleaned their carbs and still has issues. I wonder if this is their problem also?

the fuel pickup in the tank has an anti-siphon check ball. it sticks shut. you can usually get it freed up with carb cleaner after removing it. either that or an obstruction in the fuel selector switch.

pickup

Thanks derek, I will pull that out and give it a try. It seems as if something is sticking ever so slightly not closed,just enough and no fuel at wot. The one ski that just started this yesterday ran fine for about an hour before it started. The other started about 2 weeks ago,I didnt realize I could but it to reserve and make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back