RPM / Top speed question - new owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

supwicha

Hi all, new to this form.

A year ago I purchased a new 2019 GTI 130. I just purchased a 2nd 2020 GTI 130 SE. The 2019 model has 15 hours on it as of this weekend. The 2020 has about 5 hours. The top speed of the 2019 has never been able to get over 40 MPH. The RPM maxes out at 6100. The 2020 while still breaking in, short duration's of 7200 were easily obtained and about 55 MPH. I am not using the trainer key and in the manual there is no reference for any limiting functions on the 2019. Per both model year manuals, the RPM's and rated horsepower are the same. Also, the 2020 model pulls much better during initial launch. I didn't know something was wrong as I didn't have another ski to compare to. But now since I have basically two of the same ski's, there is an obvious difference between the two. Sea-Doo sent me notice that my warranty has been extended an additional 3-months, so the clock is ticking to get this resolved as my warranty normally would expire in about 10 days. Any thoughts? Is there a mode I am not aware of? Possible key programmed incorrectly?

If the 19 is running smooth, revving normal, sounds like a pump issue. I'd definitely take it in before the warranty expires. Should be getting 53-ish mph.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back