Request for Assistance with 2007 Sea-Doo GTX - Error Code P0562, Low 12V, and Low Fuel Issues

Hello everyone,

I’m seeking help with an issue on my 2007 Sea-Doo GTX (YDV36042F707). The machine is showing an error code P0562, along with a “Low 12V” warning flashing on the digital display, and a “Low Fuel” indicator.

To provide some background, the Sea-Doo has around 250 hours on it and has been gently used over the years. In the past three months, I’ve put over 100 miles on it, although it’s probably only covered about 150 miles in the last four years combined. For two years, it sat unused in the garage. Recently, after a 30-mile run, I took it out again a week later. Within five minutes of starting, it began to beep, indicating “Low 12V” and “Low Fuel,” and displayed an error code. I reduced speed, and when I came to an idle, the Sea-Doo shut off. After five minutes, I was able to restart it and return to the dock.

Assuming the issue was with the battery, I replaced it with a brand new one and cleaned all the connections. I also checked the fuses, which are working properly. However, the error codes, “Low 12V,” and “Low Fuel” warnings persist, with the fuel gauge showing zero even though there is over half a tank of fuel.

After this, I replaced the spark plugs and added three cans of Seafoam to see if bad fuel was the problem. Currently, the Sea-Doo starts and idles poorly but remains idling. I can get it up to about 40 mph for five minutes before it bogs down and will only do 5 mph.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas on what could be causing these issues? I’d like to resolve it before taking it to a shop. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Any comments from forum members (without knowing the service and maintenance history) aren't really going to help you. You need the an experience Sea-Doo mechanic to perform a visual inspection and functional checks of the various systems. Is your ski one of those "rode hard/put away wet" skis or are you performing all the required maintenance?

Date/hours of the last service?
Date/hours of the last jet pump service?
Off-season storage tasks performed in the fall of 2023?
Every read your owner's manual?
Carbon seal inspection?
Engine mount inspection?

Now on to guessing. Did you test the new battery to ensure it's serviceable? Just because it's new doesn't mean it's any good.
Electrical ground on the front of the engine block clean?
Corrosion on fuel pump connector contacts?

Any comments from forum members (without knowing the service and maintenance history) aren't really going to help you. You need the an experience Sea-Doo mechanic to perform a visual inspection and functional checks of the various systems. Is your ski one of those "rode hard/put away wet" skis or are you performing all the required maintenance?

Date/hours of the last service?
Off-season storage tasks performed in the fall of 2023?
Every read your owner's manual?
Carbon seal inspection?
Engine mount inspection?

Now on to guessing. Did you test the new battery to ensure it's serviceable? Just because it's new doesn't mean it's any good.
Corrosion on fuel pump connector

Thank you so much for the reply!

It’s a freshwater machine, and I’d like to think it’s been maintained properly. It hasn’t been ridden hard at all—only 150 miles on it in the past four years. The last service was four months ago at a professional shop, and they didn’t find any issues. They performed an oil change and a general inspection before I put it in the water for the first time in two years.

To the best of my knowledge, it hasn’t been performed.

In 2022, it was winterized correctly and stored in a garage during both the winter and summer months.

Carbon seal inspection?
To the best of my knowledge, it hasn’t been performed.

Ever read your owner’s manual?
Only when it’s absolutely necessary.

Engine mount inspection?
A mechanically inclined friend and I looked over the machine together over the past few days. We didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary, especially when comparing this machine’s mounts to theirs.

When installing the new battery, we made sure it had the appropriate voltage, not just when installed but also under load when we started the machine. Everything checked out fine.

Corrosion on fuel pump connector contacts?
We visually inspected both of these, but I’ll do a thorough check.

I truly appreciate your response. Please let me know if you have any other suggestions for us to check before going down the slippery slope of spending big money at an authorized dealer.

What was included in the last service? Just an oil change?

What is the battery voltage with the ski running?

What is the year and model of the ski?

What was included in the last service? Just an oil change?

What is the battery voltage with the ski running?

What is the year and model of the ski?
2007 Sea-Doo GTX (YDV36042F707)
Just an oil change the spark plugs were changed last week with the new battery.
Well, the ski is running the voltmeter is reading 13.5 to 14.5 volts.

You should check the resistance of the fuel level circuit at the ECU to confirm the sensor is working but they typically are very reliable. I suspect you have a bad ECU as I've seen those two warnings happen together several times when the voltage was good and the fuel level resistance was also good. A new ECU fixed them.

You should check the resistance of the fuel level circuit at the ECU to confirm the sensor is working but they typically are very reliable. I suspect you have a bad ECU as I've seen those two warnings happen together several times when the voltage was good and the fuel level resistance was also good. A new ECU fixed them.
Thank you very much. We will look into this first thing tomorrow! I will get back to you with our findings.

Back