Problems with CDi Ignition on my GTi 130

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

hawker

Hi people!!!

I install on my GTi 130 a cdi ignition, but after 7000rpm, the engine shutoff and show the erro codes of engine coils (P0351 or P0352 or P0353).

Whats occours it? This CDi is limited on 7800rpm, the engine in 7450rpm... The positive cable of cdi ignition and engine coils are connect directly in a batery with a relay, with a 2.5mm cable. Before i make it, the engine shutoff in 4000rpm.

I disconnect the cdi ignition and dont show the error codes!

The coils and the sparks are new without problems.

Has anyone experienced problems like this with when install cdi ignition?

Please, help me!

Thanks!

:)

Shutoff completely and restart is okay? Or limited RPM?

I don't know answer, just asking questions.

yes, restart the panel lights, not the engine!

may be the (+) positive wire or negative (-) of ECU or ignition module thats need to upgrade to supply the new configuration. at the moment i dont think otherwise.

In the firts step, connect the positive of coils direclty in a batery solves the problem in 4000rpm, can be a similar problem in ecu or ignition module.

Anyone here in the forum have experience with CDI ignitions in a rotax 4tec? Sometimes someone already experienced a situation like this and could help, perhaps already has the solution for this problem!

:)

Sometimes I read the RPM will be limited by using the "learners key" but this doesn't cause engine to stop running.

Occasionally an "engine stops running" problem can be caused by DESS malfunction. Also, I've read some corrosion of electric terminals on rear of gauge panel can cause similar problems of limited engine speed or sudden decrease, I think it's related to speedometer connection to engine computer controls. Not sure, just an idea.... Sometimes the gauges are defective maybe isolate this by disconnecting?

I'm guessing.

Sometimes I read the RPM will be limited by using the "learners key" but this doesn't cause engine to stop running.

Occasionally an "engine stops running" problem can be caused by DESS malfunction. Also, I've read some corrosion of electric terminals on rear of gauge panel can cause similar problems of limited engine speed or sudden decrease, I think it's related to speedometer connection to engine computer controls. Not sure, just an idea.... Sometimes the gauges are defective maybe isolate this by disconnecting?

I'm guessing.

I don't know why my engine stops with error message in ignition coils when the CDI is ON. When is OFF, dont occous any problems. And i don't know why that just after 7000rpm that the error occous!

Why would you bother to install a CDI ignition on a GTI 130? There are no performance gains, so why would you bother?

Why would you bother to install a CDI ignition on a GTI 130? There are no performance gains, so why would you bother?

Put a 600mJ cdi ignition and you will see large gains in performance! Sparks with 1.4mm GAP + CDi ignition, increase much more performance and power in engines!
The original ignition of Rotax 4-Tec is so horrible! Like a 1970 motorcicle ignition!
I use etanol (E100), and a CDI improve a lot of performance.
With CDI the engine RPM up so much faster.
It has a much highter torn, and arrive at the final speed much more quickly!

There are the gains of a CDI ignition!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back