Painting bumper trim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Widedomain

I already have "foot & foot" disease! Need a new boat that is at least a foot longer and wider than my current one!

I love my Speedster, but I have found a 2006 C180 that has some cosmetic issues. It seems the previous owner didn't believe in covers for a boat stored outside. The gray bumper trim has some serious sun fade. I was thinking about painting it rather than riveting a new one on. Any thoughts? I am going to replace the actual bumper insert as it is buggered up.

I'm looking at $12.5k for the boat. The decals on the side have a few scratches but the gelcoat is in great shape, no cracks noticed anywhere. Hull is beautiful.

I need to get a replacement bow insert and lay some Hydro Turf. It also has the standard stereo and factory tower and bimini.

David

trim paint

advance auto has a specific bumper trim paint. i think duplicolor makes it. comes in black or gray. really a good product.

When you paint it I would stick with the factory gray color. That way if you get a nick or scuff on it it won't be so noticable.

I already have "foot & foot" disease! Need a new boat that is at least a foot longer and wider than my current one!

I love my Speedster, but I have found a 2006 C180 that has some cosmetic issues. It seems the previous owner didn't believe in covers for a boat stored outside. The gray bumper trim has some serious sun fade. I was thinking about painting it rather than riveting a new one on. Any thoughts? I am going to replace the actual bumper insert as it is buggered up.

I'm looking at $12.5k for the boat. The decals on the side have a few scratches but the gelcoat is in great shape, no cracks noticed anywhere. Hull is beautiful.

I need to get a replacement bow insert and lay some Hydro Turf. It also has the standard stereo and factory tower and bimini.

David

on the trim try this
www.foreverblack.com
, i have used it for many years. it might/will turn your trim darker if it is gray though. but it will make it look new.
best regards,
t :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back