Outboard on 97 sportster..

Status
Not open for further replies.

seefishydotcom

I hate my boat and am tired of dealing with the crappy engine. My old boat with it's Johnson 2 stroke outboard ran great and never gave me a problem. I regret selling it to purchase my seadoo.

I saw a picture of an outboard on a seadoo boat and wondered if anyone on this forum has attempted such a thing.

I was thinking I would put a bracket of some sort on the platform, bring over the steering and throttle cable, and maintain the gas tank.

It would look stupid but at least I wouldn't be getting towed back to the dock constantly.

Do what you want... but resale would be $0 with that. You would be better off selling, and buy what you want.

FYI... these boats are super reliable. Your's just needs some love to make it run. Let's face it... it's a big 14 year old jet ski, and has probably been abused most of it's life, where your last outboard fishing boat was probably maintained better.

so what is the the outcome of present situation??

Don't give up yet. Give it some elbow grease and I'm sure you'll get some help here.

I bought a Seadoo Sportster Twin the problems b/c they are safe for the kids and less expensive to fix although some parts are DC or $$ :mad:
But boat is generally easy to work on. Not that many things can go bad.
Its either engine/propulsion/or electrical and you can usually narrow problem down before throwing in towel and taking it to stealer.

A bad mechanic has left a hole in your pocket and hating the boat
(bring out another thousand) as they say.
It happens, ask me how I know??
I was told before hand but went ahead w/repair and idiot mechanic didn't even cut ring off to tell me pumps were bad. GO Figure :confused:

give it time or do what the Dr. said sell it and move on to prop boat

:cheers:

Seadoo FTW

I bought the boat for $4000 and have put almost $1500 into it for repairs. With the rebuilt engine in it being blown I would never be able to even get a fraction of my money back. I am stuck with it so I figured I should make it reliable with an outboard.

I can't keep busting out money I don't have. Tempted to put a tarp on it and stick it in the back yard like everyone else around here.

I bought the boat for $4000 and have put almost $1500 into it for repairs. With the rebuilt engine in it being blown I would never be able to even get a fraction of my money back. I am stuck with it so I figured I should make it reliable with an outboard.

I can't keep busting out money I don't have. Tempted to put a tarp on it and stick it in the back yard like everyone else around here.

WOW..
Sorry to hear of your misfortune..
Your knee deep in it now though.
No other choice but to either fix it, sell it off BO and take loss or slap the outboard on it and F*** it :)

Its your boat either way...
Hope you get it worked out
GL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back